Talk:ArsDigita Community System
|OpenACS was nominated for deletion. The debate was closed on 8 May 2015 with a consensus to merge. Its contents were merged into ArsDigita Community System. The original page is now a redirect to here. For the contribution history and old versions of the redirected article, please see its history; for its talk page, see here.|
|WikiProject Computing / Software|
More information to add to article
Hello future editors! Today, I merged OpenACS into ArsDigita Community System. I also added some information about Red Hat CCS. I found some more information that would be good to add, but I don't feel like doing it. If anyone wants to see the notes I made on this article, they are below:
- There is a Windows version of OpenACS: http://www.spazioit.com/pages_en/sol_inf_en/windows-openacs_en/
- Linux Journal wrote an article about OpenACS: http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/6223
- After the demise of ArsDigita, Red Hat took over development, and an unofficial OpenACS was also developed.
- Red Hat's version was called Red Hat CCM.
- This eventually was changed into byline, but the last release of byline was in 2004: http://byline.ow2.org/ http://helioss.logiciellibre.net/annuaire/cms-general-051.php
- APLAWS is a derivative of byline: https://fedorahosted.org/aplaws/
- Important post in Red Hat CCM mailing list: https://www.redhat.com/archives/redhat-ccm-list/2004-August/msg00010.html