|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- 1 Talk page copied in from the old Arthur Read page
- 2 Name
- 3 Books
- 4 Fair use rationale for Image:ArthurPortait.gif
- 5 Deleted unreferenced claim
- 6 Though he is proclaimed to be an aardvark, many of his features sit in stark contrast with this, and are actually most like those of the Capybara
- 7 Justin Bradley
- 8 Dallas Jokic
- 9 Aardvark v. bear
- 10 Question about voice actor list
- 11 Cameos
- 12 Arthur picture
- 13 Arthur's wife and children (vandalism)
Talk page copied in from the old Arthur Read page
- Everyone knows him as "Arthur Read"- that should be the title. 184.108.40.206 12:21, 21 May 2007 (UTC)
- Are you sure? The website consistently just calls him Arthur. Andrewa 05:21, 8 July 2007 (UTC)
The TV show came from a series of books. But it's only in the trivia section that any mention is made of the books. 220.127.116.11 22:00, 6 June 2007 (UTC)Stephen Kosciesza
- Currently, the article is about the character in the TV series. Are the books as well known, less known, or about even, would you say? Andrewa 05:09, 8 July 2007 (UTC)
Fair use rationale for Image:ArthurPortait.gif
Image:ArthurPortait.gif is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images uploaded after 4 May, 2006, and lacking such an explanation will be deleted one week after they have been uploaded, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.
BetacommandBot 18:28, 13 September 2007 (UTC)
Deleted unreferenced claim
Pending reference, have deleted the claim that Arthur represents the average "Christian" American third-grader. None of the references provided for Arthur make the slightest suggestion that this might be so. If you can reference it, please return the claim to the article.--Technopat (talk) 21:37, 17 October 2008 (UTC)
- This is the second time I delete the unreferenced claim to Arthur being Christian. As I have not seen any attempt to justify its inclusion in almost a year, I am forced to conclude that it is a bad faith edit. Source it or it stays out. --Technopat (talk) 21:15, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
Though he is proclaimed to be an aardvark, many of his features sit in stark contrast with this, and are actually most like those of the Capybara
Wasn't Justin Bradley supposed to start voicing Arthur in Season 5 I saw Michael Yarmush's name in the credits I don't know if Justin's Arthur sounds exactly like Michael's Arthur. --MikeySalinas17 (talk) 15:03, 12 September 2010 (UTC)
Ok, we have a problem now, so I'm hoping by consulting here I can sort it out. I'm working on the article for Babar and the Adventures of Badou at the moment, where Dallas Jokic was the VA for Badou. He's had roles in other shows besides Arthur, so is it about time that we actually produced a proper article on the talent, rather than redirecting the name of a real person to a cartoon character? :) 22:16, 25 June 2012 (UTC)
Aardvark v. bear
- Arthur is an aardvark, which is probably why the person who made that edit also removed the inline citation that confirms his species. The edits of the last few days (changing the spelling of Arthur's name and changing aardvark to bear) have been undone. Richigi (talk) 15:36, 26 October 2012 (UTC)
Question about voice actor list
Under the list of voice actors who have voiced Arthur, the last person/item listed is "Trey Parker (South Park Parody)". I would argue that since the last item wouldn't be considered officially part of the Arthur TV series, it should be removed from the list. This list strikes me as a list of official voice actors of the Arthur Read character. Thoughts? 18.104.22.168 (talk) 05:15, 14 February 2015 (UTC)
- That's not even someone who voiced him at all. Michael Yarmush was still the voice during that parody scene.烤麵包機 (talk) 05:19, 14 February 2015 (UTC)
Has Arthur or any other chars from the cartoon series appeared in any media other than the Arthur books and Arthur cartoon?
Like for example has he lurked in the background of a DC or Marvel comic? Is he known enough in Japan to be referenced in anime like Harry Potter has been?