|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
The following section needs attribution to maintain editorial balance. As written, it is opinion, particularly the items noted.
Religious missionary groups are intent on changing Ashaninka culture and belief systems, and some other groups who are exploiting problems within the communities became worse as a direct result of the violent upheavals of the communities over a decade ago. Some Conservation programs in the area have also been less than fair to the Ashaninka, in their move to create Conservation zones in this "important ecologically diverse area" choosing plants and animals over the Indigenous rights, and it remains to be seen if this will pose a threat to their lives and land in the future.
Misspelling - "threats" would be the correct spelling - corrected -- Meister 23:17, 8 February 2006 (UTC)
ASHANINKA vs. CAMPA
The Asháninka or Asháninca (also called "Campa" or "Kampa") are an indigenous people of eastern Perú and western Brazil. The name generally refers to a people who live in an area that spans parts of the southwest Amazon Rainforest along the Apúrimac, Ene, Perené, Tambo rivers and tributaries along the Cordillera Occidental of the Andes
PLEASE NOTE: Campa or Kampa is seen as a derogatory slur by the Ashaninka, it is a name given to them by outsiders, meaning literally to camp by the river, however the connotation is dirty, lazy, stupid, primitive, good for nothing, etc. etc. I cannot edit this on the main page as there is no option for it. Wold appreciate someone doing this.
Their ancestral lands are in the forests of Junin, Pasco, Huanuco and part of Ucayali.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Asháninka people. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060317225137/http://www.angelacumberbirch.com:80/ACWEB/Webpages/Asha1.html to http://www.angelacumberbirch.com/ACWEB/Webpages/Asha1.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060210235448/http://photos.bartvo.com:80/gallery/Ashaninka to http://photos.bartvo.com/gallery/Ashaninka
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20111008005424/http://www.ashanincare.com/ to http://www.ashanincare.com
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.