|WikiProject Chemistry||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Credit for Matyjaszewski?
I know that the initial development of ATRP is disputed between Mitsuo Sawamoto and Krzysztof Matyjaszewski, both published papers relating to it in 1994. Would it not therefore be fair to credit Matyjaszewski as well as Sawamoto?
- why not present some key papers on this page from both people with a basic explanation what is in them. V8rik (talk) 21:25, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
Indeed, it was that Dr. Jin-Shan Wang, a then postdoctoral associate at Krzysztof Matyjaszewski's laboratories, developed ATRP. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 23:50, 15 September 2009 (UTC)
- Dr. Wang was at that time a postdoctoral fellow in Dr. Matyjaszewski's lab. Research is guided by the Principal investigator in a lab, who then receives credit for that research. This is why Dr. Matyjaszewski was named as the inventor of ATRP in the 2011 Wolf Prize in Chemistry, and Dr. Wang was not. Vykk (talk) 19:11, 17 September 2015 (UTC)
ATRP or Atom Transfer Radical Polymerisation?
Would it not be better to have the main article under Atom Transfer Radical Polymerisation and have ATRP_(chemistry) redirect there? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Mothball (talk • contribs) 19:09, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
this is a great start, but, like most science articles on wiki, it is to complex - this article could be made much more simple and much more accessible by removing some jargon and being more explict, eg the first figure - what the heck is P and R and so forth - there needs to be a legendCinnamon colbert (talk) 18:23, 22 September 2010 (UTC)
Added some ATRP variants; some with broader applicability or differentiating features. Feel free to expand if you have more knowledge of these things. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 20:31, 25 December 2010 (UTC)
Rename request II
Hi, I honestly think that the dashes in the title aren't really suited. I'm working on this reaction in my PhD and it's written nearly nowhere with dashes. Anyway, I'm going to update the whole page next days, I only hope that my English level will be sufficient. Marcookem (talk) 20:11, 25 October 2012 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Atom-transfer radical-polymerization. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090222022449/http://www.chem.cmu.edu:80/groups/maty/about/research/03.html to http://www.chem.cmu.edu/groups/maty/about/research/03.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.