- The following discussion is an archived discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: no consensus. Jenks24 (talk) 14:33, 1 July 2014 (UTC)
August Faction Incident → August Incident – A quick search on Google Books gives 91 results, a quick search for "August Incident" "Korea" gives 324. Per WP:COMMONNAME move to August Incident. Relisted Calidum Talk To Me 04:22, 23 June 2014 (UTC) --TIAYN (talk) 09:45, 12 June 2014 (UTC)
- Move --TIAYN (talk) 09:45, 12 June 2014 (UTC)
- Move, it is the common name. Sairp (talk) 11:25, 12 June 2014 (UTC)
- oppose "August Incident" should redirect to Gulf of Tonkin incident or be a disambiguation page (not forgetting the "August Action" in 1942 Lvov) -- 22.214.171.124 (talk) 04:47, 13 June 2014 (UTC)
- The article itself doesn't even refer to the Gulf of Tonkin Incident as the August Incident... --TIAYN (talk) 07:04, 13 June 2014 (UTC)
- The article is not the be-all and end-all of every name used to refer to the incident. It is in fact also called "August Incident" ; unlike Names of the United States, most topics do not sport a synonyms page to go along with it. -- 126.96.36.199 (talk) 04:54, 14 June 2014 (UTC)
- Oppose - I have to agree with IP here. With "August Incident" korea = 344 hits and "August Incident" vietnam = 176 hits I don't feel that we have clear case of primary topic here, so disambiguation page seems reasonable.--Staberinde (talk) 16:54, 20 June 2014 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.