Talk:Austin Police Department
|WikiProject Law Enforcement||(Rated Stub-class)|
|WikiProject United States / Texas / Austin||(Rated Stub-class, Low-importance)|
An editor wishes to add the following link to this and other articles:
I have asked them if we can have a centralized discussion about this link, rather than have the discussion across mutliple pages, and they have agreed to have the discussion at Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Texas#Centralized_discussion_on_UT_Tower_shooting_link. Please visit that discussion if you wish to participate. Thanks, Johntex\talk 17:44, 11 August 2006 (UTC)
I don't have a conflict but I needed to get attention to this page. At the moment 90% of it is a screed about misconduct. Where is the balance? Someone please take a look at it.--ukexpat (talk) 16:36, 11 December 2014 (UTC)
- I don't have time to try to fix it, but I completely concur. Robert McClenon (talk) 19:02, 11 December 2014 (UTC)
Version to revert to
It's pretty obvious to anybody who looks at the edit history of this article that it's been ravaged by edit wars for a while. Now that both of the offending parties have been blocked, I was wondering what should be done about the current state of the article. It's pretty clear there was some heavy POV pushing, and I don't think it's fine to leave the article as it is. Is there a version we can agree to revert to? Pishcal (talk) 19:07, 11 December 2014 (UTC)
- even in the version https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Austin_Police_Department&oldid=622280811 from before the most recent POV pushing, there is nothing encyclopedic to restore. This seems to be a case of just start fresh. -- TRPoD aka The Red Pen of Doom 19:15, 11 December 2014 (UTC)
- I have applied a stub tag to the article, concurring that it should be started over. Robert McClenon (talk) 19:29, 11 December 2014 (UTC)
- An old version of the article contained information on specialized units. Should it be re-inserted? Robert McClenon (talk) 19:31, 11 December 2014 (UTC)
- I have restored useful information that was in a much older version prior to the edit wars. Robert McClenon (talk) 19:36, 11 December 2014 (UTC)
potential sources for rebuild
These seem to mention items from APD that have received notice of the level that would suggest inclusion in the article. -- TRPoD aka The Red Pen of Doom 19:36, 11 December 2014 (UTC)
- McDonald, Jason (2012-06-14). Racial Dynamics in Early Twentieth-Century Austin, Texas. Lexington Books. pp. 82–. ISBN 9780739170977. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- Jersey, Livingston College Campus Rutgers Albert R. Roberts Professor of Criminal Justice, the State University of New (2002-02-28). Handbook of Domestic Violence Intervention Strategies : Policies, Programs, and Legal Remedies: Policies, Programs, and Legal Remedies. Oxford University Press. pp. 114–. ISBN 9780198034582. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- Evaluation of the New York City Police Department Firearm Training and Firearm-discharge Review Process. Rand Corporation. 2008. pp. 72–. ISBN 9780833044167.
- Selcer, Richard F. (2004). Legendary Watering Holes: The Saloons That Made Texas Famous. Texas A&M University Press. pp. 210–. ISBN 9781585443369. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- Dempsey, John; Forst, Linda (2009-01-29). An Introduction to Policing. Cengage Learning. pp. 355–. ISBN 9781435480537. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
This article seems to be lacking any sort of history section. i.e. The creation of APD or any other additional history relevant to the organization. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Karlbarl13 (talk • contribs) 16:48, 18 September 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah, if you check the article history you'll notice it was subject to some pretty heavy edit warring, and the article was left pretty bare bones after it was reverted. TRPoD posted some links right above that should be helpful if you're looking to expand the article. Pishcal — ♣ 15:20, 21 September 2015 (UTC)