|WikiProject Electronics||(Rated Start-class)|
Avalanche diode study materials
Probably could use some rewriting to cover the details of the diode's analysis rather than it's overt function.
What's the symbol for an avalanche diode? I've seen one that just has half of the Zener things but I don't want to upload the version I drew as "Image:Avalanche diode.svg" until I know it's correct. — Omegatron 05:22, 4 May 2006 (UTC)
- I've done some checking around and uploaded what seems to be the most common symbol in use, although I couldn't find any reference to a BS3939 standard for it Astaroth5 06:58, 4 May 2006 (UTC)
- I had seen a different style, and already made it, in the same style as all the other diode symbols I made:
Zener diode symbol
Tunnel diode symbol
Schottky diode symbol
- I'm not sure which is more popular. — Omegatron 05:14, 11 September 2006 (UTC)
- Since this is almost same as zenner diode by function it shares same symbol both of these symbols are valid for zener diodes. If used in oscillator seem that avalanche diode shares same symbol as Gunn diode or tunnel diode.
"Controlled avalanche rectifier diode"?
For example 1N5059 to 1N5062. What would that be? Wouldn't the avalanche effect make rectification impossible, since such a diode conducts in both directions with enough voltage? Please add. -- 220.127.116.11 (talk) 22:38, 10 February 2013 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Avalanche diode. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20111221232030/http://www.advancedphotonix.com:80/ap_products/standard_SiAvalanche.asp?from=leftnav to http://www.advancedphotonix.com/ap_products/standard_SiAvalanche.asp?from=leftnav
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.