Why would you revert the edits I made on Aug. 20? I've studied the aircraft and interviewed the pilots who flew it for ten years.
Image copyright problem with Image:The First Fighter Squadron.gif
The image Image:The First Fighter Squadron.gif is used in this article under a claim of fair use, but it does not have an adequate explanation for why it meets the requirements for such images when used here. In particular, for each page the image is used on, it must have an explanation linking to that page which explains why it needs to be used on that page. Please check
- That there is a non-free use rationale on the image's description page for the use in this article.
- That this article is linked to from the image description page.
Jumo 211 being heavier than DB-605 is not correct
This is common mistake which is also on the CZ military museum web pages, etc. See specification of Daimler-Benz_DB_605 and Junkers_Jumo_211. Propeller was heavier and not appropriate for a fighter but needed for the engine with such performance intended for bomber use. Handling problems are confirmed by pilots. Balooo(cz) (talk) 08:29, 12 July 2011 (UTC)
Since the aircraft was produced is Czechoslovakia, it might be better to use the photo of the Avia S-199 with Czechoslovakia markings over the Avia S-199 with IDF markings.Articseahorse (talk) 00:14, 28 November 2011 (UTC)
A Bf109 derivative?
- The article states that the S-99 was a Bf 109G-6 built after the war by Avia, and that the S-199 was the S-99 with a different engine. Was that what you were asking? - BilCat (talk) 00:59, 25 July 2015 (UTC)
The comment(s) below were originally left at several discussions in past years, these subpages are now deprecated. The comments may be irrelevant or outdated; if so, please feel free to remove this section., and are posted here for posterity. Following
|Pretty good, I'm not sure how much more could be added, though the article could expand on the usage of the S-199 and S-99 in the Czech air force. M Van Houten 18:19, 14 February 2007 (UTC)|
Last edited at 01:52, 15 February 2007 (UTC). Substituted at 08:42, 29 April 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Avia S-199. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110715000532/http://www.vhu.cz:80/cs/stranka/letecke-muzeum/fotogalerie-kbely4 to http://www.vhu.cz/cs/stranka/letecke-muzeum/fotogalerie-kbely4
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.