|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Avicephala article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Palaeontology||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Amphibians and Reptiles||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
Creating an entire Wikipedia article for this clade may have been premature. Only 1 phylogenetic analysis has upheld this clade , while other more global data sets of stem-diapsid/diapsid reptiles have not recovered it, finding Coelurosauravus to be a basal neodiapsid, and drepanosaurids to be the sister group to kuhneosaurs, with both clades either being non-saurians or basal lepidosauromorphs . Drepanosaurids have also been reported as being primitive archosauromorphs  This analysis used an only slightly modified version of Senter's data set and finds drepanosaurids as being archosauriform sister taxa, more derived than "prolacertiform"-grade archosauromorphs. Taxonomic sampling issues are probably at play in all three possibilities, but work by Müller offers the largest global solutions for addressing this problem.
- Senter, PS (2004): http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S1477201904001427
- Müller, J. (2004): The relationships among diapsid reptiles and the influence of taxon selection. – in: Arratia, G., Cloutier, R., & Wilson, V. H. (eds.): Recent Advances in the Origin and Early Radiation of Vertebrates: 379-408, München (Dr. Friedrich Pfeil).
- Bickelmann, C. et al. (2009): http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/nrc/cjes/2009/00000046/00000009/art00002
- Renesto S. & Binelli G. (2006) “’’Vallesaurus Cenensis’’ Wild, 1991, A Drepanosaurid (Reptilia, Diapsida): From the Late Triassic of Northern Italy”, Riv. It. Paleont. Strat. 112: 77-94, Milano.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Avicephala. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070805153409/http://hmnh.org:80/galleries/monkeylizards/ to http://www.hmnh.org/galleries/monkeylizards/
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.