|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Avsim.com article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
I have recreated this page, it was deleted as part of an uncontested PROD in October 2006. I have provided sources that indicate notability, and expanded it a little bit. Please do your bit by expanding this article, making sure edits are well referenced. For those who take care of Flight simulation articles, please add this to your watchlist and help me prune any poor external links that come along. Icemotoboy (talk) 23:21, 24 November 2008 (UTC)
I hope the people who destroyed Avsim and their servers get the worst. I LOVED Avsim, and I've been a follower for nearly 8 years. If the hackers are reading this, know that I and the flightsim community at large will use our skills and talents to find you and bring you to justice. Goldwings (talk) 19:28, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
- It's absolutely terrible, it is impossible to imagine how it must feel for the Avsim team to have lost so much work. I notice there is a considerable amount of editing to the article, probably best to discuss changes (such as current/future status of the site) here and we can clarify it directly with Tom prior to updating the article. Icemotoboy (talk) 22:05, 17 May 2009 (UTC)
- Fuck, I was depressed as hell. I want to meet these people personally so I can g all Polish-Guido on them. (NOT A TROLL, I ACTUALLY REALLY LIKED AVSIM!) ~~Bubble94 126.96.36.199 (talk) 21:07, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
I removed the PROD tag placed on the article today based on the fact that the hacking incident described within was covered by reliable sources. While I will be the first to admit that this by itself is not the strongest case to demonstrate notability, it is rather uncommon for hacking incidents involving "fansites" to receive any sort of coverage whatsoever. As such, I suggest that this article be subjected to the AFD process as opposed to being PRODed. N B S H (talk) 17:17, 20 September 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 9 external links on Avsim.com. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.smh.com.au/news/technology/cockpit-capers/2006/05/03/1146335804694.html
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.avsim.com/pages/rank.html
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.avsim.com/history/
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.avsim.com/pages/main.htm
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.avsim.com/cgi-bin/news/mainpage/arc526.shtml
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.avsim.com/cgi-bin/news/mainpage/arc55.shtml
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/04-community/community-events.html
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.avsim.com/cgi-bin/news/mainpage/arc10.shtml
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110716082116/http://skyblueradio.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=439 to http://skyblueradio.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=439
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.