|WikiProject Africa / Uganda||(Rated Stub-class, Low-importance)|
Aya Group of companies is a fast-growing conglomerate in Eastern Africa.
- It happens to be the only "Indigenous African-owned conglomerate" in Uganda that is listed on the English Wikipedia pages.
- It is one of the largest private employers in Kampala, Uganda's capital city, with over 2000 on their payroll.
- One of their companies, Aya Investments Limited, is developing the Kampala Hilton Hotel, the first 5-Star hotel in Uganda.
- The Kampala Hilton, which will cost over US$90 million to build, is Hilton Hotel's largest investment in Africa.
- Since the majority (55%) of the materials used to construct the Kampala Hilton are sourced locally, the construction of the hotel has been of great benefit to the Ugandan economy in these times of global recession by providing direct employment and keeping suppliers of raw materials in business.
- Fifi Transport, another group subsidiary, owns a fleet of Mercedes Benz trucks, all fitted with state-of-the-art GPS technology, making this fleet, one of the few so fitted in he region.
Since the tag for immediate deletion was applied on the article, this and other evidence of notability has been incorporated in the article. I am hoping that this satisfies the court and the immediate deletion tag is speedily removed. Thank you. Fsmatovu (talk) 00:51, 11 June 2009 (UTC)