|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Bălți article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Archives: 1, 2, 3|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Try to ignore that the town is seriously overloaded with twin cities causing confusion in maintaining this list! The final inclusion is Milet, Greece. I cannot find a modern city in Greece named Milet. It redirects to Miletus in ancient Greece which lacks a current administration and is, worse luck, no longer Greek but Turkish. There is something wrong here. Can anyone help? Student7 (talk) 16:16, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
Lot of good information here. My one observation is that there are too many sections. Some need consolidation. I've overstructured culture/architecture. That needs correction, but I couldn't figure out how right off. Also that the forked "main articles" really do contain the info below and that too much isn't left in the lead article. Someone could make a Good Article out of this IMO.Student7 (talk) 23:59, 27 February 2008 (UTC)
I re-organized the sections of this article to match the format used for other citie worldwide, more or less. Occasionally, I made small edits in the text (things that were obvious or strightforward), but otherwise I did not touch the content. I believe we can use the Romanian and Russian articles to improve the English one. Now, that the section format is more or less according to what should it be. Please, do that. If you are lazy to edit in full, but notice some info in Ro and Ru articles, that is not present here, just add that info in the original language. I will translate it shortly after your addition.
When editting, as much as you can, please try to add references, even poor ones. References can be improved and well-organized afterwards. For example, another person can dig out the exact source, if you provide some key description, like author or aprroximate title, and can arrange/format properly, if you provide a rough link.
When editting, please try 1) to use less laudative language, and 2) please do not add subsection for every 1-2 sentances (just look around how it is done for other cities in the world - it is sort of stupid to see New York City manages with plain text and does not need a subsection about something, while Bălţi needs). Dc76\talk 09:53, 9 December 2008 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 9 external links on Bălți. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.statistica.md/recensamint/Nationalitatea_de_baza.xls
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090603150043/http://www.nm.md/daily/article/2005/10/06/0701.html to http://www.nm.md/daily/article/2005/10/06/0701.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120222120741/http://www.monument.md/catalog/edificii_menire_educationala/90/ to http://www.monument.md/catalog/edificii_menire_educationala/90/#
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120222120746/http://www.monument.md/arhitectura_religioasa/biserici_piatra/5/ to http://www.monument.md/arhitectura_religioasa/biserici_piatra/5/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120222120804/http://www.monument.md/catalog/case_locuit/355/ to http://www.monument.md/catalog/case_locuit/355/#
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120222120810/http://www.monument.md/arhitectura_religioasa/biserici_piatra/169/ to http://www.monument.md/arhitectura_religioasa/biserici_piatra/169/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120222120814/http://www.monument.md/catalog/biserici_piatra/225/ to http://www.monument.md/catalog/biserici_piatra/225/#
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120222120839/http://www.monument.md/arhitectura_religioasa/biserici_piatra/171/ to http://www.monument.md/arhitectura_religioasa/biserici_piatra/171/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120222120846/http://www.monument.md/arhitectura_religioasa/biserici_piatra/172/ to http://www.monument.md/arhitectura_religioasa/biserici_piatra/172/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.