|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
I seen him say on tv that he's not Mexican that he is from South America but it wasn't important..since we(hispanics,latinos) like to divide ourselves. For years john leguizamo wouldn't say what he was for the same reason..once they know..all the sudden they dislike you. it's very redneckish of them if you ask me..to love only your own is ignorant.
Hispanics and Latinos are not one race and are not one ethnicity. It's something that the USA government likes to brand on some people. In South America they don't have that Hispanic/Latino crap down there, they have their real ethncities and race. People in South America have different backgrounds. Saying that Hispanics/Latinos are one race or ethnicity is like saying Martin Luther King and George Bush is part of the same race and ethnicity. John Leguizamo does not have the same background as other South Americans, only because he speaks Spanish and was born in South America doesn't mean anything. John Leguizamo is has the right to reject that stupid Hispanic/Latino term. Is Tupac and Bill Clinton the same race or ethnicity because they are both from North America and speak English? The only ignorant one is you. People in South America have the right to celebrate their REAL ethnicity and REAL culture and not get pigeon hole in that stupid made up cultural term(Hispanic, Latino) that has no bearing in other countries. And John Leguizamo is not MExican anyways so why are you talking about him? Secret killer (talk) 05:53, 1 August 2010 (UTC)
A better analogy is this: Are Jamaicans English men and Women ? They speak English afterall! But everyone knows they are not. It makes as much sense to call a Mexican a "spanish" person, since a Mexican speaks Spanish. 22.214.171.124 (talk) —Preceding undated comment added 03:28, 28 October 2013 (UTC)
He's Mixed race
He's half Cuban, half Mexican. He aint South American.Hes a latin hermano.--CharlesBronson18 13:50, 16 November 2006 (UTC)
- Thats wierd, he looks white, wouldnt white rappers be unheard of back in Cypress Hill's time? RealG187 21:26, 7 March 2007 (UTC)
Not all Latinos are mixed. You should know what you are talking about before you say dumb stuff. And what does RealG187 mean when he say he looks White? There are millions of Whites in South America. Secret killer (talk) 05:53, 1 August 2010 (UTC)
Merge from Kush (band)
Please merge any relevant content from Kush (band) per Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Kush (band). (If there is nothing to merge, just leave it as a redirect.) Thanks. —Quarl (talk) 2007-02-13 22:32Z
The World is Yours
I know that Be-real is come from United State. So who is that Be-Real from Philippines? And it won't be possible for B-Real to be Born in 1993, cause I start to watch him through TV before and after that.. So how we can believe if B-Real has been born in 1993? Things seems are not okay!!!!!!!--Muddyb Blast Producer (talk) 12:57, 26 February 2008 (UTC)
Denver Hill Bloods
According to the Fuse documentary Beef: Behind the Bullet B-Real was a member of a Bloods set called the Denver Hill Bloods, which neared their rivals the Hoover Crips. B-Real stated in the documentary that he crossed over to Crips territory by accident and was shot in the lung as a teenager. This article is missing information and is wrong in some places, could someone please fix this? TomUSA 16:20, 11 July 2011 (UTC)
Non-encyclopedic content removed
The sentence which follows was removed from the end of the first section because it is not of a significance which matches the content of the article:
On February 28 2012, B-Real was the guest on an episode of The Joe Rogan Experience Podcast.
Mike P. Abell 03:18, 17 May 2012 (UTC)
Why the last name?
B-Real's real ethnicity.
As it is widely known, B-Real is half-Mexican and half-Cuban. However, I think some things are not clear. First of all - his last name. How come a 100% Latino man have a typically Dutch and North-German last name? The surname "Freese" is of Frisian origin and it actually means "a Frisian" in the Frisian language.
Second thing - some sources say that B-Real's mother was "Afro-Cuban", while other sources say his mother was Cuban of European Spanish descent. B's facial features are not African, he looks as a typical example of the Mediterranean race which is the sub-group of Caucasian. Thus my curiousity of his mother's African roots. If she was Afro-Cuban, it means she had to be Black. I am very curious of B-Real's ethnic roots, and what makes me wonder the most, is his last name of Germanic origin. Yatzhek (talk) 20:39, 16 March 2014 (UTC)
- huh. Latino does not mean anything. That is just an ethnicity invented in the USA to describe people that speak a certain language(Spanish). It would be the same as me calling everybody that speaks English "Anglo" no matter their race or ethnicity. It's pretty much a term that shows the United States' ignorance about the demographics of other countries. There is no Latino race or ethnicity. Carlos Slim is a Mexican of Lebanese descent, but if he was in the USA he would be called 'latino' because his first language is Spanish, and he comes from a predominantly Spanish speaking country. Mario Kreutzberger aka Don Francisco is a Chilean of German Jewish descent, whose family escaped to Chile because of the Nazis, but in America he is called "latino" or "Hispanic." It's ridiculous.
- There are many people that Americans would consider black that can give birth to a completely "Nordic" looking baby. Africans in the new world are mixed: Afro-Americans, Afro-Cubans, etc. are mixed usually with European. They are not completely 100% African, so when many of them have kids with whites, or other mixed blacks: the kid can come out looking white. For example, Pete Wentz or Jennifer Beals. Have you ever heard of passing? Alexandre Dumas had a 'black' father. If you look at B-Real's early pictures, you can see him with a huge afro and nappy hair. That could indicate that the afro-Cuban ancestry sources are telling the truth. Verifiableman (talk) 01:50, 16 September 2014 (UTC)
Did I mention that "Latino" is a race? No way. Please don't speculate about something I didn't say. Everyone knows that "Latino" is only a cultural term, so is "Hispanic". There are Black Hispanics, Native American Hispanics and White Hispanics as well. One more thing - you're totally wrong - B-Real didn't have "nappy" hair, it was just very curly hair, just like Zack de la Rocha has. Curly hair don't mean African heritage. Zack is Mexican of Sephardi Jewish, German, and Irish heritage. All I'm saying is, that B-Real's surname is Germanic, predominantly of Dutch origin, and this indicates his ethnic admixture. Yatzhek (talk) 12:55, 7 February 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on B-Real. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070607162158/http://www.brealonline.com/disc.html to http://www.brealonline.com/disc.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.