Talk:Baldur von Schirach
|WikiProject Biography / Politics and Government||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Politics / Fascism||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
How does Schirach belong to the list of "German nobility" if he was the son of a theater director? I believe that tag should be removed. eeesh May 5, 2006, 4:32 PM -- 20:32, 5 May 2006 User:Eeesh
- His name was Baldur *von* Schirach; in Germany 'von' is what is called the 'noble predicate' and is a title in itself. von Schirach belonged to German untitled nobility, what we in England, for example, would call landed gentry--he held no title except his 'von', but he was a member of the nobility nonetheless. Taking aside all these considerations, financially his family were very well heeled as well. -- 11:52, 31 May 2006 126.96.36.199
I changed "He was repatriated" to "He was released." Repatriate means to return someone to the country of that person's origin. Spandau was in the country of his origin.
Sca 20:47, 8 September 2006 (UTC)
someone added the claim that he had a brief affair with paris hilton and he was "very very mean". this was a clear act of vandalism. i removed it.
- Quite right. We all know SHE was the mean one.
- The truth is that he IS Paris.—Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 14:49, 26 December 2008 (UTC)
–––– I don't think the assertion that he had an affair with Paris Hilton is more unlikely than any of the other things said in the article. How old was Paris when Baldur died? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Pgg804 (talk • contribs) 18:44, 5 June 2010 (UTC)
- She was -6½ years old (born FEB 1981, he died AUG 1974). John.St (talk) —Preceding undated comment added 18:20, 18 June 2011 (UTC).
The photo of Nuremburg trial where it was mentioned Schirach is the second from right is incorrect. Schirach is not in this photo !!
- 1. I presume the subtitle of the photo is incorrect - I think that Schirach is second from left (in second row) on this photo. Second from right looks like Admiral Raeder on his mugshots.
- 2. In my opinion, Nazi published photo would be of extremely little use in section titled "Trial and conviction".--ja_62 (talk) 20:42, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
Rumor & value?
"According to Lothar Machtan's The Hidden Hitler, page 229, von Schirach was bisexual."
In some respects, von Schirach seems to have been kind of a spokesman for the "acceptable" face of Nazism to the English-speaking world, especially the United States. There should be something on this unofficial role... AnonMoos (talk) 03:38, 28 December 2011 (UTC)
Adding sexual orientation category to this biography is a WP:CAT/R#Sexuality violation
WP:CAT/R#Sexuality For a dead person, there must be a verified consensus of reliable published sources that the description is appropriate. For example, while some sources have claimed that William Shakespeare was gay or bisexual, there is not a sufficient consensus among scholars to support categorizing him as such. Similarly, a living person who is caught in a gay prostitution scandal, but continues to assert their heterosexuality, can not be categorized as gay. Categories that make allegations about sexuality – such as "closeted homosexuals" or "people suspected to be gay" – are not acceptable under any circumstances. If such a category is created, it should be immediately depopulated and deleted. Note that as similar categories of this type have actually been attempted in the past, they may be speedily deleted (as a G4) and do not require another debate at Wikipedia:Categories for discussion.
The Source? Lothar Machtan's The Hidden Hitler asserts that von Schirach was bisexual. One claim- is not a sufficient consensus among scholars to support categorizing him as such..
We need several reliable sources for category claims. It may well be that such sources are indeed available and you can list them in the article - but if not, then who is saying that these people fit the bill? Just deciding that you think they fit the description is Original Research - and that's not allowed here. I need to see a few reliable little blue number in each categorization that links to a reference document that can be examined to confirm Basic Academic rigour. User: Pgarret (talk) 10:32, 12 September 2012 (UTC).
Von Schirach's wife
The first paragraph has a statement that is at least partially wrong. Von Schirach's wife became persona non grata after mentioning the plight of the Jews, the source is Traudl Junge, episode 27 of World at War. I do not know of a written source. —Joseph/N328KF (Talk) 04:06, 10 April 2014 (UTC)
"Through his mother, Schirach was a descendant of Thomas Heyward, Jr. and an indirect descendant of Arthur Middleton", the article says.