|WikiProject Physics||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Argentina||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Please read this before editing the article
Recent vandalism in this article has been unstoppable, please discuss changes here before editing the article. All edits with no consensus will be considered vandalism and removed without any advise. Thanks. --OneEuropeanHeart 22:20, 21 February 2006 (UTC)
Regarding the degrees
I see someone continously trying to put anonymously into the article a line stating "it is the sole Institution in Argentina that grants Nuclear Engineering degrees since 1976". This statement is partially true: the only place the degree of Nuclear Engineer is granted is Insituto Balseiro... but, anyway, I don't understand why he/she insist on "since 1976" because as far as I know no such degree existed before. I said "partialy true" because the degree of "Nuclear Engineer" is only granted at IB, but there are at least three other graduate degrees in Nuclear Engineering:
- "Doctorado en Ingenieria Nuclear" from IB 
Some years ago the degree was renamed "Doctorado en Ciencias de la Ingenieria" to accept a more broad scope of theses, but during 2005 it was under discussion the offering of both doctorate degrees.
- "Carrera de Especializacion en Aplicaciones Tecnologicas de la Energia Nuclear" from IB and UBA (University of Buenos Aires) 
- "Maestria en Reactores Nucleares" from IdeN (Instituto de Estudios Nucleares) 
I think it would be fair to include a list of the degrees offered, excluding those kind of comments.
Btw, I'm editing the spanish version of this page. I think we could unify both versions, and add translated material from the historical pages of the 50th Aniversary.
--Nachomarquez 15:50, 3 March 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks for your interest in the article, it seems that your first contribution on Wikipedia was here . Do what you want, but remember to source it. Cheers. --OneEuropeanHeart 21:36, 4 March 2006 (UTC)
It is tendencious to say that "it is the sole Institution in Argentina that grants Nuclear Engineering degrees", since very similar degrees, all in Nuclear Engineering, are also given in Argentine by other institutions. Such phrase shall be removed, and adding it without proper fundament and concent can only be considered as vandalism. Mariano(t/c) 14:12, 13 March 2006 (UTC)
- The Balseiro institute is also engaged in post-graduate teaching (and I just included that in the IB page) as mentioned in  and quoted below:
- "En el IB se pueden cursar diversas carreras de grado y de posgrado. Las de grado son Licenciatura en Física, Ingeniería Nuclear e Ingeniería Mecánica. Dentro del posgrado, se ofrecen carreras de Especialización, Maestría y Doctorado."
- October 13, 2006)188.8.131.52