- The following is a closed discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: Not moved — Amakuru (talk) 13:42, 14 September 2017 (UTC)
Bardot → Bardot (disambiguation) – Brigitte Bardot is the clear primary topic for title "Bardot". We should redirect Bardot to her article per WP:PRIMARYREDIRECT, and keep this dab page with a "(disambiguation)" qualifier. — JFG talk 16:40, 25 August 2017 (UTC) --Relisting. Steel1943 (talk) 12:15, 6 September 2017 (UTC)
- Support per nom and a look at the entries on the disamb. page. Randy Kryn (talk) 19:45, 25 August 2017 (UTC)
- Is she regularly referred to using just her surname? I'm not sure this is a common practice for actors. – Uanfala 08:43, 26 August 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose. Unless nom is prepared to put Bardot on their watchlist, and to fix the bad incoming links which will slowly but inevitably accumulate as a result. I agree with User:Uanfala that, in my experience also, Brigitte is usually referred to by her full name, at least at first mention. FWIW, Brigitte isn't WP:PRIMARYTOPIC even in French Wiki. Narky Blert (talk) 20:26, 2 September 2017 (UTC)
- @Narky Blert: Good point, and watchlisted. I have corrected all links to Bardot (band) which were originally meant for Bardot (Australian band) before we had an article on Bardot (English band). There is no question that Brigitte Bardot is "usually referred to by her full name", but her last name alone still refers primarily to her. All other meanings of "Bardot" (except her family members) were inspired by her, making her meet both WP:PT criteria of popularity and long-term significance. This is a textbook case of WP:PRIMARYREDIRECT. The French wiki situation is irrelevant here, because "Bardot" also describes two common animals in that language: a fish and an equine. There is to my knowledge no such meaning predating Brigitte Bardot in the English language. — JFG talk 06:09, 3 September 2017 (UTC)
- I dislike overuse of WP:PRIMARYTOPIC. I just now happened to fall across Pomfret, where the PTopic looks pretty clear. The links into it included one person who had been born in Pomfret, Connecticut and another who had been born in Pomfret, Vermont. Useless links, bad for the project, impossible to find and to fix unless someone inquisitive finds Pomfret (disambiguation) and thinks it just might be worth having a look at what links into the PTopic and fixing the silly ones. :-( Narky Blert (talk) 22:22, 5 September 2017 (UTC)
- (Links to DAB pages are picked up by User:DPL bot, and sooner or later will get looked at by a WP:DPL editor. It may not be quick - it took me eight months solid to work through the 27,000-odd DAB pages which in September 2016 had a single bad link, some dating back to the year dot. The number was briefly down below 20,000 in June 2017, but is now back up to 23,765. Turning a DAB page into PTopic doesn't solve that sort of problem, it just hides it. Narky Blert (talk) 22:45, 5 September 2017 (UTC))
- Oppose per Narky Blert – looks like a solution in search of a problem. Per , it receives meager 14 daily views, whose peaks seem to correspond with the ones for Bardot (Australian band). There's no evidence how many of those 14 actually wanted Brigitte, and dab page is the least intrusive solution. No such user (talk) 14:33, 5 September 2017 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.