|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Merge with Temple of Apollo at Bassae
Should be merged I think two small articles about the same site are not helpful. Bassae is the location. Epicurean Apollo is the temple. The site is listed in the Unesco world heritage catalogue under the name "Temple of Apollo Epicurius at Bassae" and thus this should prevail. --18.104.22.168 18:39, 29 August 2006 (UTC)
- I am against merging as one article covers the site in General (and hopefully one day will also incorporate information on the archaic temples up the hill) and the other covers the Temple of Apollo itself. --5telios 10:20, 10 September 2006 (UTC)
- Then the Temple article should probably be merged into a subsection of the main site page. I'd support that kind of merge. Radagast83 18:11, 25 October 2006 (UTC)
Several facts about the temple are incorrect. Iktinos is not generally held to be the architect of any of the temples in the Hephaisteon group, the temple does not have upward curvature of the stylobate, nor is the frieze the only part of the building that was in marble. The wording about the frieze seems to indicate that there was only one frieze (and Doric at that), when there are actually three friezes, a Doric on in each the pronaos and the opisthodomos, and a continuous Ionic frieze within the sekos. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 21:40, 29 October 2007 (UTC)
"Inside, however, there was a continuous Ionic frieze showing Greeks in battle with Amazons and the Lapiths engaged in battle with Centaurs. This frieze's metopes were removed by Charles Robert Cockerell and taken to the British Museum in 1815." This suggests that Ionic friezes have metopes. They don't. These two sentences are talking about two separate friezes. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 20:01, 29 September 2008 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Bassae. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080304231828/http://odysseus.culture.gr:80/h/2/eh251.jsp?obj_id=1142 to http://odysseus.culture.gr/h/2/eh251.jsp?obj_id=1142
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.