|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
My girlfriend and I have come across some evidence that Bata shoes in Nazi occupied Czechoslovakia was complicit in abusing Jewish slave labor during the war. We'll verify and articulate what we've uncovered soon if it all pans out. The book where Bata's darker history seems to be uncovered is Martin Gilbert's book 'The Holocaust, The Jewish Tragedy'(Gilbert is the well read and prolific official biographer for Winston Churchill).
I heard that Bata started making machine parts for one of the World Wars (1 or 2?), because demand was high, and they had some specialized equipment. I also heard that there is some town which was basically founded because of Bata's factory being there, and the town still exists today. Is it called Bata? I can't remember. I think I saw this on a biography of Mr. Bata on CBC. If anyone can find out these details, stick 'em in. dave 17:29 21 Jul 2003 (UTC)
Kesavan Karthik Saravanan Saranya
Inaccurate Company Name
"Bata Shoe" and "Bata Shoes" are NOT recognized names of the Bata company
Official uses tolerated by the Bata trademark owners are the following:
- Bata - the legal globally registered name of the company
- Bata Shoe Organization (BSO) - the name in use within the organization
- Bat'a - the name in use in Czech Republic, that has been unchanged for historical reasons.
As a result, It would be recommended to change the page back to the "Bata Shoe Organization" name or to a new "Bata" entry in order to ensure the accuracy of the page. — Bbrands (talk) 02:53, 21 February 2013 (UTC)
kesavan karthik saravanan saranya — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 10:12, 18 May 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Bata Shoes. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20161106023725/http://www.cet.ac.il/terezin/dk9e6.htm%20tom%20stoppard%20mother%20beck%26cd%3D3%26hl%3Den%26ct%3Dclnk%26client%3Dsafari to http://www.cet.ac.il/terezin/dk9e6.htm%2Btom%2Bstoppard%2Bmother%2Bbeck%26cd%3D3%26hl%3Den%26ct%3Dclnk%26client%3Dsafari
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130115112804/http://www.bata.com/about-bata.php to http://www.bata.com/about-bata.php
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20141221140832/http://www.bataindia.com/corporate.htm to http://www.bataindia.com/corporate.htm
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.