- The following discussion is an archived discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: Rename. -- BrownHairedGirl (talk) • (contribs) 02:01, 14 February 2014 (UTC)
Batavian revolution → Batavian Revolution – All "Revolution" articles are capitalized, this should be done for the sake of consistency. Charles Essie (talk) 20:46, 6 February 2014 (UTC)
- Oppose on rationale given. "All Revolution articles are capitalized" isn't true, and even if it was usually true, nominator needs to show some indication that capitalization is appropriate *for this specific article*. WP:COMMONNAME is the standard here, this isn't the kind of topic where there's a systematic or scientific naming to defer to. The fact that nominator's COMMONNAME claim on Talk:Cambodian genocide proved to be 100% wrong, and he hasn't even offered one this time, does not fill me with hope. (If someone else wants to make an actual case, I may change my !vote of course.) SnowFire (talk) 20:37, 7 February 2014 (UTC)
- I Googled it and found only entries that capitalised Revolution. See this and this (in Dutch) and this, this and this (in English). I didn't find any site where revolution is not capitalised. Moreover, the article name of Batavian Revolution in Amsterdam contradicts this one. (I don't know much about Wikipedia's naming policies or article moving procedures, but I hope this helps.) (Luxorr (talk) 21:50, 7 February 2014 (UTC))
- Sure. Support then on basis of these links. SnowFire (talk) 00:45, 8 February 2014 (UTC)
- Support This describes a particular historical event, not all revolutions that took place in Batavia or were of a Batavian character. --BDD (talk) 22:43, 7 February 2014 (UTC)
- Support word per word per BDD. — AjaxSmack 00:19, 9 February 2014 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.