Talk:Battle of Arbedo
|WikiProject Switzerland||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
There are grave inconsistencies between the English and the German WP article on the Battle of Arbedo. These include notably:
- Belligerents (en says Obwalden, de says Unterwalden; and de adds the locals as Belligerents, too)
The Strength and Casualties are highly inconsistent when compared to the Italian and German versions of this article. Do we have a reliable source to base those on? Don Durandal (talk) 23:06, 08 December 2008 (UTC)
- The figure of 2500 Swiss and 16000 Milanese (including 5000 cavalry) seems to be the general consensus amongst all sources except the one used for this current version of the article. I will edit the article in consequence. Don Durandal (talk) 13:22, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
- Given the scale of the defeat, I wonder if the Italian version of the figures is the most accurate: "1.330 morti e 300 prigionieri", i.e. over half the Swiss force. This is supposed to be the one occasion when the Swiss offered to surrender, so it had to be bad for them. Lovingboth (talk) 17:15, 14 July 2011 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Battle of Arbedo. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070928162712/http://www.ritadacascia.it/cronologia.htm to http://www.ritadacascia.it/cronologia.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070919213333/http://www.condottieridiventura.it:80/tabellestoria/1420.htm to http://www.condottieridiventura.it/tabellestoria/1420.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp=to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request>on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.