Talk:Battle of Chongju (1950)
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Battle of Chongju (1950) article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Battle of Chongju (1950) has been listed as one of the Warfare good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Expansion Required - British Army Units Particiaption
- Gday Newm30. AFAIK the British participation was fairly limited as 3RAR was the lead battalion. I have rewritten this one now and have included all the information I can find on the Brits from their official history. Hope this helps. Cheers. Anotherclown (talk) 23:55, 14 January 2011 (UTC)
- This review is transcluded from Talk:Battle of Chongju (1950)/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
Finally got round to the detailed review...
- No dab or external link issues.
- Images have alt text.
Aside from my usual copyedit, a few points...
Infobox -- Not sure of standard and not too fussed as long as you're consistent, but we have in Belligerents "United Nations" bolded with a colon, followed by a bulleted list, and then we have in Units Involved "27th Brit Com Bde" unbolded without a colon, followed by a bulleted list. Should be consistent and, personally, I think the latter (unbolded without a colon) works fine.
Clearance of the town
- The following morning the Australians remained in position, finding more than 150 North Korean dead within their defensive positions at daybreak. -- within whose defensive positions, the Australians' or the North Koreans'?
- Meanwhile, aerial reconnaissance subsequently reported the presence of North Korean tanks to the west of Chongju. -- "meanwhile" inplies more-or-less simultaneously, while "subsequently" suggests afterwards; can't both be right so choose which is more appropriate and lose the other... ;-)
- Appears inconsistent representation of numbers, for instance you have "10" and "12" early on, but then "thirty-six" later -- I assume you're trying to stick to the rule of spelling out single-digit numbers and using figures for anything bigger, so perhaps best check throughout to ensure consistency.
- Do we know who fired the shells that wounded Green? As written it could be taken as enemy or friendly fire so if we know let's spell it out.
Images -- all appear appropriately licensed.