Talk:Battle of Naseby
|A fact from this article was featured on Wikipedia's Main Page in the On this day... section on June 14, 2007, June 14, 2009, June 14, 2010, June 14, 2012, June 14, 2015, and June 14, 2016.|
i'm doing an essay on charles and wanted to no what people thought of him and if you thought he waas a traitor or martyr
- i think Charles was a bit of both. He did things which were right and wrong. he should't have marched into Parliament with his soldiers. I am at secondary school and all my class agree that him and parliament should have discussed their problems as they had many. he should have thought of what he did and Parliament also went very far for their extent of power
whilst i'm not disputing the Irish massacre never happened, are we OK to reference from an editorial in an Irish newspaper that is an opinion peice? - Dom
I seem to remember reading or hearing about some recent archaeological work on the battlefield that showed that Charles's army was forced to retreat to a hill where it was largely butchered. Does anyone have any information on this? Darkmind1970 08:07, 14 June 2007 (UTC)
Factual Accuracy tag
I have seen fit to apply this tag to the article. In my opinion, it never was a brilliant piece of work, but over the last few months it has degenerated into nine-tenths imaginative detail, with one footnote to back up all the purple prose. There are a number of good to excellent books on the battle; some of these should be referenced. Without references, most of the descriptive passages appear to be OR. HLGallon (talk) 14:23, 29 June 2008 (UTC)
- Nobody having queried the tag, I have rewritten the section dealing with the battle. It is by no means perfect and still needs some cites, but at least it no longer qualifies for the Booker Prize for Fiction.HLGallon (talk) 01:48, 17 August 2008 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Battle of Naseby. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090124172109/http://www.naseby.com:80/thebattle/formalphase.html to http://www.naseby.com/thebattle/formalphase.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.