Talk:Beal High School
|WikiProject Schools||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject London||(Rated Stub-class, Low-importance)|
started ... pics? refs? Victuallers 19:21, 27 July 2007 (UTC)
did he really go to Beal? Skeptic2 00:35, 2 October 2007 (UTC)
I notice that the only Notorious alumni is a terorist. im not sure thats doing the schools reputation a favour. not that its bad information... just a few more would be good —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 22:39, 6 May 2008 (UTC) lol @ whoeve put notorious alumni!!! —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 22:20, 31 May 2008 (UTC)
I added the name of the Head from my own time, and I corrected the spelling of Mr Manuel's surname, and added his first name. I rather deplore the crack aimed at the current Head over exam results, but I know nothing about it so it certainly isn't my business to edit it out. Anyway, I've just found out this way most interesting details about Ian Ridpath and John Wade, whom I knew there.
In July 2010 one teacher was suspended when it was discovered he was a stripper, porn star and male escort.
- Per WP:BLP if we're going to include something like that then we need a good reference. The Sun doesn't qualify. Good removal. Hut 8.5 09:48, 4 July 2011 (UTC)
- Hi Huahgduyahsgfuhyegfhbjdfgha. The helpme template is for calling people for general inquiries about using Wikipedia, not for a specific question about a fact in an article. That's what the talk page of the article is for, and exactly where your question was posted.--Fuhghettaboutit (talk) 00:06, 23 February 2012 (UTC)
- Both, after a fashion. Ilford used to be in the Municipal Borough of Ilford, which was part of Essex. Now it's in the London Borough of Redbridge, Greater London. It does seem to be the case, however, that Ilford is still often cited as "Ilford, Essex", despite the boundary changes; certainly, that's how the address is given on the school website. --Several Pending (talk) 22:59, 22 February 2012 (UTC)
- (edit conflict)Both - LOL! You have to know the area to understand. I was born in the next town. First there was the "City of London" = one square mile with the Tower of London. London expanded used up most of Middlesex, and a new area was born - we'll call it "London Postal Area" - the only area to initially have post codes in UK (just the first half of what we have now - using compass points N, S, E, W, NE, NW, SE, SW and central ones WC, EC - all plus a number). Later - 1960s - London again expanded to "Greater London" eating all Middlesex, some Essex, and parts of other counties, but the post office kept the postal address the same. So Ilford's address is Ilford, Essex (with an IG postcode IIRC) and it's part of Greater London in the "London Borough of Redbridge". Simple, not! (Talk) 23:01, 22 February 2012 (UTC)
- Why not change the lead to indicate it is in Redbridge rather than Ilford and drop the Essex, that would avoid any confusion. Keith D (talk) 13:07, 23 February 2012 (UTC)
Can anyone find a source for the current head teacher? Snowdon is supposed to have retired. An IP edit added a garbled mention of WIlmott now being the head teacher, but I cannot verify this. Meters (talk) 18:08, 2 July 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Beal High School. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20071227153255/http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/mostpopular.var.1371464.mostviewed.terrorist_went_to_beal_high_school.php to http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/mostpopular.var.1371464.mostviewed.terrorist_went_to_beal_high_school.php
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.