I would propose to only list one single tutorial instead of the current three (I already removed one that has absolutely no use for anybody) because of following reasons:
- Wikipedia is not a tutorial listing but an encyclopedia.
- The tutorials are to a very large part redundant, thus two of the three links do not add significant information.
- A reader does not know what link to hit because each one promises the same: "nice tutorial"
- I strongly disagree with the removal of the link (which is a review I wrote for OS Reviews). The statement "no use for anybody" is incorrect because
- The link was added by people from the Free Software portal, so obviously they consindered the link valuable.
- I just had a look at my server logs. Dozens of people followed the link every day until it was removed.
- This is not another tutorial, but a review of the Beamer class.
Nice thing but
This beamer class is nice if you're used to LaTeX and just want to use templates. If you want to built a presentation with your Institute's logo, custom colors and everything, use POWERPOINT. Or you read the more than 200 pages User Guide for the beamer class. Trying to find quick solutions in the www is without effort. --22.214.171.124 (talk) 13:46, 28 October 2010 (UTC)
- This page is for discussing the Wikipedia article on Beamer, not Beamer itself. Please read WP:TALK. --Berland (talk) 19:42, 29 October 2010 (UTC)