Talk:Behavior Genetics Association
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|A fact from Behavior Genetics Association appeared on Wikipedia's Main Page in the Did you know? column on 21 February 2011 (check views). The text of the entry was as follows: "Did you know Wikipedia:Recent additions/2011/February.||
The paragraph on D4DR should be included on this page. Although this page needs more information pertaining to the association itself, it is important to include discoveries which have occured since the organisation's founding. The D4DR polymorphism is one of the easiest of these and it gives people an idea of what the field of behavioral genetics encompasses and therefore what discoveries the association would like to see.
I propose to remove the paragraph on D4DR and "novelty seeking". This research was not carried out by the association (which is a scholarly society not involved in research) and some of the researchers involved in this work are not even members of the association.
Crusio 16:48, 20 March 2007 (UTC)
No, it doesn't belong here. This page is about an Association. If you look at the program of this association's meetings, you will not find much work like the D4DR stuff. It should have a page of its own, which could be referred to from, e.g., the "behavioral genetics" page. As an aside, the D4DR stuff is controversial with several failures to replicate the original finding having been published in recent years.
Crusio 21:33, 22 March 2007 (UTC)
Reinstated remark removed during earlier edit by 126.96.36.199:
The paragraph on D4DR should not be included on this page. This page needs more information pertaining to the association itself and less concerning specific genetic discoveries which should be instead included on their respective pages (ie. Human behavioral genetics)
Citations List for Articles Related to Human Behavioral Genetics (Especially IQ)
You may find it helpful while reading or editing articles to look at a bibliography of Intelligence Citations, posted for the use of all Wikipedians who have occasion to edit articles on human intelligence and related issues. I happen to have circulating access to a huge academic research library at a university with an active research program in those issues (and to another library that is one of the ten largest public library systems in the United States) and have been researching these issues since 1989. You are welcome to use these citations for your own research. You can help other Wikipedians by suggesting new sources through comments on that page. -- WeijiBaikeBianji (talk) 17:42, 10 July 2010 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 6 external links on Behavior Genetics Association. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110718080427/http://www.bga.org/pages/1/Home.html to http://www.bga.org/pages/1/Home.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110101131752/http://www.bga.org:80/pages/17/Apply_for_membership.html to http://www.bga.org/pages/17/Apply_for_membership.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20101231054944/http://www.bga.org:80/pages/6/Membership.html to http://www.bga.org/pages/6/Membership.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110225191702/http://www.bga.org:80/pages/10/Executive_Committee.html to http://www.bga.org/pages/10/Executive_Committee.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110727061017/http://www.mankindquarterly.org/summer1995.html to http://www.mankindquarterly.org/summer1995.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110718080204/http://www.bga.org/pages/68/Current_BGA_Meeting.html to http://www.bga.org/pages/68/Current_BGA_Meeting.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.