|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Bell Labs article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
WaveLAN not invented at Bell Labs
"In 1990, WaveLAN, the first wireless local area network (WLAN) was developed at Bell Laboratories." This is incorrect - WaveLAN was developed by NCR *before* NCR was bought by AT&T. WaveLAN was developed in 1986-87, and introduced in 1988. AT&T did not buy NCR until 1991.
Somebody, please take a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WaveLAN, specifically "WaveLAN was originally designed by COMTEN, a subsidiary of NCR Corporation, (later the Network Products Division of NCR) in 1986-7, and introduced to the market in 1988 as a wireless alternative to Ethernet and Token-Ring." — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 15:58, 20 January 2015 (UTC)
Nokia bought Alcatel-Lucent in April 2015 and is the new owner of Bell Labs.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/parmyolson/2015/04/15/nokia-buys-alcatel-lucent-for-16-6-billion/ — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 18:22, 6 August 2015 (UTC)
Cosmic microwave background
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on Bell Labs. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20121011145610/http://tps.cr.nps.gov/nhl/detail.cfm?ResourceId=1292&ResourceType=Building to http://tps.cr.nps.gov/nhl/detail.cfm?ResourceId=1292&ResourceType=Building
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080530113227/http://www.njnano.org:80/resources/index.shtml to http://www.njnano.org/resources/index.shtml
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20160308115624/https://www.bell-labs.com/our-people/recognition/ to https://www.bell-labs.com/our-people/recognition/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150411150628/https://www.bell-labs.com/anechoic-chamber/ to https://www.bell-labs.com/anechoic-chamber/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.