|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Bellerophon and Uhhaziti
- It is possible that Bellerophon (or else Bellerophontes) was the same person with Uhhaziti, king of Arzawa.
- It is possible that "Arzawa" was the "Argive land", ancient colony of Argos (or else Achaeans, Myceneans), in Asia Minor (Arzawa < Arga-wa ).
Note: The word "-wa" means "land" in Hittite language.
--IonnKorr 19:14, 5 December 2005 (UTC)
The saga of Belleraphon is a key part of John Barth's National Book Award winning story Chimera.
I nearly created a new article concerning Bellerophonetic (sometimes Bellerophonic) Letters until I saw the reference footnote. Does anyone think it deserves it's own page? The reference is excellent though it doesn't actually give a definition that the letter contains prejudicial information regarding the bearer. Also the article to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern doesn't use the term either. Sorry for being a pain but I thought it would be good to have a page that could be connected to terms in letters etc.--FruitMonkey 09:24, 8 August 2007 (UTC)
- Would it really overwhelm this article? Better check the best usage of the term: Bellerophonetic doesn't sound the ring of pure gold.--Wetman 11:08, 8 August 2007 (UTC)
Out of curiosity, why would the name of a mythological hero whose story was around centuries before the Greeks made contact with the Romans contain a latin cognate? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 22:32, 1 April 2010 (UTC)
- Because both Latin and Greek are Indo-European languages. In fact, the branch of the Indo-European language family leading to Greek is more similar to the branch leading to Latin (and thus French, Spanish, etc) than to any other major group of I-E languages. Remember, "cognate" does not mean "borrowed from" it means "derived from the same source as". 22.214.171.124 (talk) 16:17, 13 April 2010 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Bellerophon. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110715021720/http://www.us.oup.com/us/companion.websites/0195153448/studentresources/chapters/ch25/?view=usa to http://www.us.oup.com/us/companion.websites/0195153448/studentresources/chapters/ch25/?view=usa
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.