Talk:Ben Avery Shooting Facility
|WikiProject United States / Arizona||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Hopefully this version satisfies WP:N as brought up in the unprotection request. If there are further concerns please notify me so I can see about addressing them prior to smacking this article with a speedy tag yet again! Arkyan • (talk) 22:47, 27 March 2007 (UTC)
Clay Target Center
- I've gone ahead and created it as a redirect here. Later on I will add some info about the center in this article, perhaps as its own section, but I don't think it warrants its own article. Arkyan • (talk) 16:53, 28 March 2007 (UTC)
Safety and other Issues
I have not been to Ben Avery in a few years because I don't feel safe there. They don't list all their rules, keeping some hidden (like full auto fire must be seated not standing). Hidden rules show an unhealthy attitude toward safety. They also refuse to clarify safety rules, threatening to expell you for trying to understand them. I work in a very safety concious industry and we stress the need for everyone to know the reason behind the rules so they can spot issues and coach others.
There are also other absurdities such as no provision for chrongraph allignment except trial and error over multiple hot/cold range cycles (and you never get it right) and the mandated load/unload procedure for multi-gun cases that require spinning the case around on the concrete bench n-1 times (where n is the number of guns in the case) risking having the case fall and definately scratching it to hell and back).
I've also been given unlawful orders to leave a public range parking lot by law enforcement who did not like being watched while practicing, although I can't blame them too much given their performance. 184.108.40.206 Me again. These incidents occurred in 2001-2003 before the 2006 change in management and probably don't reflect the current state of affairs at Ben Avery. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 04:20, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on Ben Avery Shooting Facility. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20061001123029/http://phoenix.gov/ARTS/pridepts.html to http://phoenix.gov/ARTS/pridepts.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070228200810/http://www.rangeinfo.org/st_agencies/arizona/wlvarticle51298.txt to http://www.rangeinfo.org/st_agencies/arizona/wlvarticle51298.txt
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070407154005/http://www.azgfd.gov/outdoor_recreation/basf_events.shtml to http://www.azgfd.gov/outdoor_recreation/basf_events.shtml
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070418205426/http://www.azgfd.gov/ctc2/renovation.html to http://www.azgfd.gov/ctc2/renovation.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.