|WikiProject Writing systems||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Greece||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Which are the original and modern Greek pronunciations of "beta"? I think this information could be useful ;) Sabbut 15:13, 9 May 2004 (UTC)
- The modern Greek pronunciation is (IPA or SAMPA)/vi.ta/,<vee.ta>.And Koine pronunciation is ... maybe /be:ta/.
Disambig moved around
I've attempted to cleanup the Beta, Beta (letter) pages - by moving the Beta page to the Beta (disambiguation) page - and moving some of the uses of pure β to the Beta (letter) article (i.e. the symbol β means X). I think this is clearer, though I'm sure there could be some improvements. Please make any changes you see fit. Megapixie 02:56, 3 November 2005 (UTC)
- Now Alpha and Gamma follows the "standard" of Beta. I think it's better now... I've reverted your first edit only catch your attention to those other letters... Good work Megapixie. Regards Loudenvier 03:42, 10 September 2006 (UTC)
The same as B?
- Yes. If there are any differences, they are insignificant in written form. Note that Beta is the Greek V though, not B. Grk1011/Stephen (talk) 20:06, 31 January 2010 (UTC)
- No. Its encoded differently, even though it often displays the same character. — LlywelynII 04:12, 11 March 2015 (UTC)
An archaic form of Beta
http://www.wildwinds.com/coins/greece/thrace/byzantium/Moushmov_3210.1.jpg (coin of Byzantion, 340 BC)
- See answer at Talk:Greek alphabet. Yes, we could add this variant in this article, along with a couple others. There were lots of weird beta variants in archaic local Greek scripts. Fut.Perf. ☼ 11:32, 11 November 2010 (UTC)
Another medieval form
This map (over there→) says the name of Great Britain is Albiōnos, but its glyph for beta is something like ɤ. Byzantine Greek variant? or misspelling with a strange form of gamma? or scribal error? — LlywelynII 04:12, 11 March 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Beta. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110615031345/http://omega.enstb.org/yannis/pdf/boston99.pdf to http://omega.enstb.org/yannis/pdf/boston99.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.