Talk:Bethel Church (Redding, California)
|WikiProject Christianity / Charismatic||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
This new page was entered today. News references are included to show significance of the organization. Future edits will deal with the distinctive beliefs and practices of the church. Houseofisaac (talk) 05:59, 19 February 2010 (UTC)
While the subject of this article may be notable, this article fails to provide any notable facts supporting inclusion on Wikipedia. An organization is not notable merely because a notable person or event was associated with it. If the organization itself did not receive notice, then the organization is not notable. This article should focus on the notability of the church, separate from the administration or pastors. What has the church done that is notable?
Please revise this article from one simply promoting the church and giving undue weight to the current administration and programs to one of the church itself, including establishment of the church, history, and notability, writing from a neutral point of view. Cindamuse (talk) 09:35, 27 July 2010 (UTC)
- I agree with the above comment. The notable part of this article is "Bethel Church is the church where Bill Johnson is pastor," in which case it does not warrant mention outside of the Bill Johnson article. Many churches of considerably larger size than this do not have their own articles. Blendenzo (talk) 17:40, 1 October 2013 (UTC)
- This is an old comment and it appears the article has developed since the time of this original comment to include plenty of notable content. (talk) 18:58, 21 October 2017 (UTC)
Criticism of Church by Strange Fire Conference w/ video clip presented by Todd Friel, criticized by Pastor John MacArthur and others.
One of the main aspects of Bethel Church (Redding, California), is the popularity of the Contemporary Music Group, "Jesus Culture." Todd Friel presented two video clips where they criticized the Contemporary music of Jesus Culture, (wanting all Churches to go back to the Hymns/Reformed Baptists). There were two video clips that criticized Bethel Church (Redding, California), directly. One was showing a manifestation of gold dust in the air that has happened several times at the Church. Todd Friel, Pastor John MacArthur and the rest of he Pastors declared this was a demonic manifestation. The other clip was a group of people in the Church that had been "slain in the spirit" and were laughing. This they also declared was demonic manifestations. There should probably be another section, "Criticism," for this article. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReODdPFU_wEEaseltine (talk) 19:39, 5 December 2013 (UTC)
- I agree that there should be a criticism section here. This answers the concerns of those above as well, as the criticism of Bethel Redding are probably the most notable part of the church. I'll take a stab at it soon. Ischus (talk) 15:42, 14 January 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Bethel Church (Redding, California). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100924032200/http://www.redding.com:80/news/2010/jan/16/bethel-burgeons-under-pastors-visions-of/ to http://www.redding.com/news/2010/jan/16/bethel-burgeons-under-pastors-visions-of/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.
Cleaning things up
I worked on standardizing the references today, cleaning up the prose a bit, and removing a few templates. A lot of references are still needed in the history section and the prose needs to be expanded in a few of the smaller sections. It looks like it is in a good NPOV state now. (talk) 19:01, 21 October 2017 (UTC)