|WikiProject Hinduism / Philosophy / Krishnaism||(Rated C-class, High-importance)|
|WikiProject India||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
I do not believe that the paragraph discussing the Rajneeshees is relevant to this topic at all, and suggest that it be removed or displaced somewhere more appropriate. Solace098 15:20, 1 October 2006 (UTC)
- I suspect this group was a part of the Rajneesh movement. Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh is often referred to as Bhagwan. I added a link to that article in top, since many people who search for "Bhagwan" are probably thinking of those red-clad people. Maybe we need a disambiguation page instead. // habj 06:17, 3 October 2006 (UTC)
Gaurangaji, what do you mean by "ƒ" in words like "aśeṣataƒḥ"? It looks weird. Also, "the personality of 'Parashara Rishi'" looks strange, imho. Why not just "sage P.R."? 18.104.22.168 09:18, 4 February 2007 (UTC)Jan/VEDA
- Hello again Jan - I'm not sure where the "ƒ" came from? If I have added anything to the Sanskrit by mistake then please correct it. My browser might not have copied the text correct when I cut & pasted it? I added 'the personality Parashara Rishi' to make it clear where the source is coming from (i.e a character or personality from the text) in a manner which also complied to WP:NPOV. You might like to think about creating an account? Best Wishes, ys, Gouranga(UK) 16:53, 4 February 2007 (UTC)
master of the vagina?
This book (Jordan, Michael (1966). Cults: Prophecies, Practices & Personalities. British Library. pp. 64, 110. ISBN 1858681677.) says that Bahgwan translates as 'master of the vagina'. Is there any truth to this?--Auric (talk) 19:04, 11 May 2010 (UTC)
I am adding a banner for clean up on this page because it's sadly lacking in both sources and authoritative translations. There are also issues with tone, neutrality and clarity. I'd exhort any subject-matter experts to take up the work of fixing this page. Sreesarmatvm talkcontribs 02:50, 15 December 2012 (UTC)
Bhagavan is the God-head said by the people of Indic language and God must be discussed only by the God's words not by the human-words . But this article is another attempt to make our Creator personalized which attempt is coming up to this day with the very idea committed the Creator polluted as creatures , such as Christian tried to establish Jesus/Isa as a son of God . This article starts with a image of Krishna who was only a mortal 'avatar' i.e. a mortal descended [in islamic idea its equivalent is 'rasul'] by the Everlasting Creator but the imagery avatar has been introduced in the face of the write-up as 'God' . Wikipedia has to rethink about the difference between the immortal Creator and the mortal creatures . I wish to edit this manipulated article with the help of comparative words from our Almighty Creator .Ajoy Mandravin (talk) 11:06, 11 March 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Bhagavan. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070926235140/http://srimadbhagavatam.com/1/2/11/en1 to http://srimadbhagavatam.com/1/2/11/en1
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150609215607/http://www.orissa.gov.in/e-magazine/Orissareview/jun2004/englishpdf/pillar.pdf to http://www.orissa.gov.in/e-magazine/Orissareview/jun2004/englishpdf/pillar.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.