Talk:Big Hollow School District 38/Temp
|Big Hollow School District 38|
|26051 W. Nippersink Rd.
Ingleside IL 60041
(Grant Township, Lake County, Illinois)
|Schools||3 schools on 1 campus|
|Students and staff|
|Students||1720 (as of 2011[update])|
|Teachers||113 (FTE as of 2011[update])|
|Student-teacher ratio||17.0 (as of 2011[update])|
Big Hollow School District 38 is a school district in Grant Township, Lake County, Illinois. The district includes parts of the villages of Fox Lake, Lakemoor, Round Lake, and Volo. Since 2007, it has had a single 62-acre (25 ha) campus, at the corner of Fish Lake and Nippersink roads in Ingleside, with three schools: Big Hollow Primary School, Big Hollow Elementary School, and Big Hollow Middle School.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (January 2013)
According to the district's website, the school district has been in operation since 1836.
The district experienced a population boom in the 1990s and 2000s. Ron Pazanin, who had served as school superintendent since 1990, retired in June 2012; in the 22 years that was superintendent, the school system grew from 305 students to 1780, and from 18 teachers to 150 members of faculty and staff.
The newest campus began operation in 2000 with only Big Hollow Primary School for kindergarten through second grade. Big Hollow Elementary School, for third through fifth grade, opened on the campus in August 2006. Big Hollow Middle School, for sixth through eighth grades, opened in January 2007, at which time Taveirne Middle School closed.
The district tore down the two school buildings on the U.S. 12/Illinois 134 site and, in May 2012, arranged to sell the property to Interstate Partners for $2.8 million.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Big Hollow SD 38". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 2013-01-24.
- "General History". Ingleside, Illinois: Big Hollow School District 38. Retrieved 2013-01-24.
- Big Hollow School District 38 (2012-09-17). "School District Budget Form (July 1, 2012 - June 30, 2013)" (PDF). Ingleside, Illinois. Retrieved 2013-01-24.
- "Illinois District Report Card: Big Hollow SD 38 (34-049-0380-02-0000)" (PDF). 2011.
- "Lake County - Big Hollow Elementary School District 38 (04-209)" (PDF). Waukegan, Illinois: Lake County Department of Information and Technology, GIS/Mapping Division. 2004. Retrieved 2013-01-24.
- Filas, Lee (2012-05-15 3:46 PM). "Big Hollow District 38 accepts bid for Route 12 property". DailyHerald.com. Paddock Publications. Retrieved 2013-01-24. Check date values in:
- Filas, Lee (2012-01-30 5:30 AM). "Pazanin to retire as one of Lake County's longest tenured superintendents". DailyHerald.com. Paddock Publications. Retrieved 2013-01-24. Check date values in:
- "Big Hollow School District 38 Campus Expansion" (PDF). Barrington, Illinois: RuckPate Architecture. 2007-11-27. Retrieved 2013-01-24.
- Big Hollow School District 38. "Campus Map". Ingleside, Illinois. Retrieved 2013-01-24. HTML version at http://www.ruckpate.com/project_pages/BigHollowCampus.html