Talk:Birth of the Beatles
|WikiProject The Beatles||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
articles in other languages
check the articles in other languages and you will see that they are no articles, because of that i erased them. You dont need to cancel my editing 188.8.131.52 10:50, 1 August 2007 (UTC)
- Next time use the edit summary to explain to others why you did so. Otherwise it looks like an anonymous editor removing interwiki links. Which will generally be considered disruptive, and reverted.--ÐeadΣyeДrrow (Talk|Contribs) 10:57, 1 August 2007 (UTC)
"paragraph that seems to be mostly POV"
Let's take a look at that.
- "The program was entertaining..." - OK, might be some POV there, but let's keep looking.
- "Included many of the expected elements to a dramatisation of the Beatles story." - Fact? Opinion?
- "Events are often telescoped to make the most of the time allotted." - In one scene, a week's worth of onstage pranks are pulled at once. That's not an opinion. That's knowing the story.
- "Background details are assumed more often than investigated." Also not an opinion; the romance between John and Cynthia is just one example.
- "The actors are plainly not experienced musicians." - An opinion, maybe, but certainly not mine alone.
- "An 'audition scene' introducing Pete Best's character, by sharp contrast, shows a drum flair the real Best never exhibited on any surviving recordings from the period." - I will ask once, nicely: Has the person who raises the NPOV flag ever actually seen this program? Or heard ALL the pertinent recordings of Pete Best, playing drums with the Beatles?
I will look for replies here; please do NOT leave them on my talk page. Especially not out of chronological order. Have a nice day. Zephyrad 05:39, 7 August 2007 (UTC)
I would support Pete Best's view that he was sacked from the Beatles for being too popular. I have lived in Liverpool since 1973 and discussed this topic with women who would have been young women in that era. Typically they described the after gig behaviour of many of the young women thus. "They would gather around the drum kit because the drummer was so good looking" !! ( the best looking of them )
Ringo was no better at drumming but was a lot less good looking ( until he made a great load of money )
So you can work out for yourself how that would have gone down with Mr L and Mr Mc.