Talk:Blade (film series)
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
References to use
- Please add to the list references that can be used for the film article.
- Booker, M. Keith (2007). "The Blade Trilogy". May Contain Graphic Material: Comic Books, Graphic Novels, and Film. Praeger. ISBN 0275993868.
Do we have any sources for the Influences part? Also, addressing those points, it is an ancient concept, particulary when it comes to Magneto and the XMen, for two enemies to ally to take down a third, Blade is hardly the first movie where someone breaks in amongst butt-kicking to rescue somebody. Highlandlord 06:53, 27 August 2006 (UTC)
Claims of Blade influencing the Matrix
There is no actual proof that the fashion in Blade , influenced the fashion in the Matrix. Who ever made those connotations, obviously is assuming here. Nor is the Bullet Time Sequence in the Matrix, influenced by the Bullet Dodge Sequence in the first Blade Movie. That form of Bullet on the Fly SFX Shot, is more inspired by the Bullet on the Fly seen on John Woo's Full Contact, along with various other HKAMs. The Bullet Time sequence in the Matrix, isn't some full-blown over-exaggerated version of said sequence at all. The Blade version doesn't utilize the same degree or anywhere near it, of technical computer imagery wizadry, as the Matrix does. Someone needs to get their facts straight before they say anything. i know this wikipedia, but come on people. user:celestialphoenixreborn
- I got to agree, the Matrix comparison is very unlikely, especially with only a year between them there's no way an effects heavy film like the Matrix would have had the time to take the inspiration. They are also very tenous links as well. I'm taking them out. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Nightjim (talk • contribs) 17:25, 30 October 2007 (UTC)
I haven't been paying attention lately but... Blade is Jesus? WTH? Highlandlord 13:32, 14 September 2006 (UTC)
- No, he isn't, but the comparison was apparently made between the two, which I can see. Blade being the one person who could save the human race in the face of the vampire threat. Shadowrun 20:01, 19 October 2006 (UTC)
Stop Calling Blade a Horror Movie. It is a Super Hero Movie, just because Vampires are characters doesn't make it a Horror Movie. Blade is a member of the Marvel Universe and doesn't belong with the Horrorverse. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 18:41, 18 October 2008 (UTC)
Has no one heard the possible reboot? There was a time when David Goyer said that he wouldn't write another vampire movie, but eventually changed his mind when New Line was thinking about rebooting about a year or two ago. He said he would like to write it. According to a article I read, there was a time that Stephen Norrington was going to direct it but dropped out back in January to direct the Lost Patrol. Did no one know about this??? I'm still looking around if their's still any talk of a reboot... I know Snipes is interested in Blade 4, but New Line may have other ideas... Foretboy3000 (talk) 05:18, 2 July 2010 (UTC)
- i think they will make some movie soon, if they doesn;t want to loose the rights back to marvel. Gman124 talk 16:11, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Blade (film series). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/daredevil-marvel-fox-comic-adaptation-sequel-361982
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvel-cliffhanger-robert-downey-jrs-518837
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090131191856/http://www.dracula-souvenirs.com:80/blade-trilogy-blade-the-vampire-slayer-blade-ii-blade-trinity/ to http://www.dracula-souvenirs.com/blade-trilogy-blade-the-vampire-slayer-blade-ii-blade-trinity/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.