|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
I changed the wikilink for "members" from "Member (stratigraphy)" which is a redlink at the moment to "Geological unit" which is a redirect destination for "Member (geology)". Can someone who knows the subject confirm whether this is the right thing to do and, if not, maybe start a "Member (stratigraphy)" article or find a better wikilink? -- Timberframe (talk) 11:50, 29 April 2009 (UTC)
- I think it is not right. The word "geologic unit" is, as far as I know, not used in geology itself, or in stratigraphy. It sounds to me as weird as "biological unit" or "historical unit". I assume the article geological unit is original research. Better would be "stratigraphic unit". I can write an article about "members" but don't have much time at the moment. Woodwalker (talk) 15:17, 29 April 2009 (UTC)
Thanks, Woodwalker. I'll
de-link revert the redlink for "member" in the article for now, rather than have it linking somewhere inappropriate. Speaking as a layman, it conveys a clear meaning in its context without any further explanation. -- Timberframe (talk) 15:25, 29 April 2009 (UTC)
A sentence in the 2nd paragraph currently reads "It is the lowest of the three divisions of the Lower Jurassic period". What is "Lower Jurassic period" referring to? Early Jurassic epoch (which is where the link is directed)? Lower Jurassic series? Does that have 3 'divisions' (the Early Jurassic article states the Early Jurassic has 4 'stages')? Can anyone help clarify? PaleCloudedWhite (talk) 02:57, 27 April 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Blue Lias. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20081023180935/http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk:80/main/w-global/w-localtoyou/w-wessex/w-wessex-countryside/w-wessex-countryside-jurassic_coast-walks.htm to http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-global/w-localtoyou/w-wessex/w-wessex-countryside/w-wessex-countryside-jurassic_coast-walks.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20081201031649/http://www.soton.ac.uk:80/~imw/lyme.htm to http://www.soton.ac.uk/~imw/lyme.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.