|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Fantasia on British Sea Songs
@WMC, reverting edits with comments such as "On no, not again, leave it out Guv" as an explanation does little to enlighten anyone as to your reasons. The text refers specifically to Fantasia on British Sea Songs. In future, could you provide an explanation as to why you believe that it is more appropriate to use the term "British Isles" in this context. Thank you. --Bardcom (talk) 23:46, 14 July 2008 (UTC)
- I've tried harder this time, with "rv transparent POV pushing". We all know this is your one-man stealth campaign to remove BI from wiki; now the stealth is largely gone you;ve failed, so why not give up and stop the disruption? William M. Connolley (talk) 07:29, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
- To quote User:Georgewilliamherbert, There were a hundred ways to make your point that would not have been disruptive or rude or personal attacks - you have no entitlement or right to try and make the point in disruptive and rude ways. When you feel that you do have an entitlement to do that, you are abusing the community, and when you abuse the community you are making yourself unwelcome. ... You know what behaviors are not disruptive. Nobody is censoring the viewpoint you want to express. But if you cannot express it in a manner that is positive rather than abusive, you will be shown the door.. Can you provide either a reason (that is not a personal comment, and relates to the article) or a reference for your continued inclusion of the term "British Isles" in this article. Thank you. --Bardcom (talk) 12:05, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
My rational for rejecting 'UK' is the 'Londonderry Air' is a tune of uncertain origin, but undoubtedly Irish (as in the island or culture). The association with a state seems accidental to my mind. Hence I prefer "British Isles' or 'Great Britain and Ireland'. The choice between those two appears pretty fraught around here, and I'll leave that choice to others. Cowardly, I know. shellac (talk) 22:00, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
- The sentence we're all referring to refers to Fantasia on British Sea Songs. The Fantasia was originally arranged in 1905 but was different back then. This current arrangement dates from 2005 - and the Fantasia article states that the songs are British. What about we agree to use the same terminology as in the Fantasia article? --Bardcom (talk) 22:15, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on Bob Chilcott. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120324203715/http://www.oxfordtimes.co.uk/leisure/5040966.A_new_Requiem_by_Bob_Chilcott/ to http://www.oxfordtimes.co.uk/leisure/5040966.A_new_Requiem_by_Bob_Chilcott/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110728140842/http://www.ucc-austin.org/temporary%20pps/Chilcott%20for%20UCC%20website%2011-1-10.pdf to http://www.ucc-austin.org/temporary%20pps/Chilcott%20for%20UCC%20website%2011-1-10.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120426052641/http://dollaracademy.org/senior-music-xmas-concert11.asp to http://dollaracademy.org/senior-music-xmas-concert11.asp
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110719074833/http://www.rias-kammerchor.de/content/e75/e127/e1316/e2550/index_eng.html to http://www.rias-kammerchor.de/content/e75/e127/e1316/e2550/index_eng.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.