Talk:Bob Farrell (motivational speaker)
|This page was nominated for deletion on 25 September 2008 (UTC). The result of the discussion was no consensus.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
||It is requested that an image or photograph be included in this article to improve its quality. Please replace this template with a more specific media request template where possible.
The Free Image Search Tool may be able to locate suitable images on Flickr and other web sites.
Disambiguation page needed
I'm sorta newbie to this so I'll need pointers on how but I'm currently writing a Wiki on the "other" Bob Farrell, a Contemporary Christian musician and producer who's still active in Nashville. This could link to a search for "Farrell and Farrell" since he was most famous as a member of that husband-wife duo (though he also sang with 2 other groups, Millennium and Dove, which do not currently have Wikipedia articles). I was surprised to find this page when I came looking for "my" Bob Farrell. GBrady (talk) 19:17, 17 April 2008 (UTC)
prod and advert tagging by hndis
This article was very carefully not written like an advertisement, please explain specifically where you are seeing promotional language. I wrote it an close to encyclopedic in tone as I am aware, and have written thus for three years on Wikipedia. As to assertion of notability, founding a restaurant chain is as clear an assertion as one can get. Please explain both tags. Chris (クリス • フィッチ) (talk) 23:09, 19 September 2008 (UTC)
- Founding a restaurant chain is not in itself proof of notability. The chain does not seem to have an article, and although there are indications that it was a large business and therefore perhaps notable, it could do with being made clearer. The article is entitled 'Bob Farrell (motivational speaker)' indicating that his notability comes from this and not from his ice cream parlours. If it is his role as a businessman which makes him notable, perhaps 'Bob Farrell (businessman)' would be more appropriate? It also lists him as an author, but unless I missed it, there is no mention of books he has written.
- As for the advertisement tag, there are a couple of reasons I added it. It was phrases such as 'very successful', 'distinguishing himself by', etc. The article's inspiration was also clearly the promotional website 'Give em the pickle' which is listed as the only reference. Although an effort has been made to put this in the editor's own words, the language seems promotional and is very close to Farrell's website, and in places identical. If this was rewritten, clearly including sources other than Farrell's own, and asserting, both in the introduction and throughout tha article what makes Farrell notable, then it could possibly be turned around. I'll check this in a week, and if there aren't improvements, I'll decide whether to take it to AfD. Hndis (talk) 09:12, 20 September 2008 (UTC)
Don't take this so personally; I would rather the problems with the article were addressed, and I have outlined practical responses to them. Have a look through what I've said, and see if the article could include them. Hndis (talk) 16:02, 20 September 2008 (UTC)
Other than being involved in a publicity stunt like the world's biggest sundae, it seems that his line of work is PR and business, not food per se. He just doesn't seem like he's had any valid impact on food in any way. I'm pointing this out because I'm skeptical to having this article within the scope of WP:FOOD.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Bob Farrell (motivational speaker). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110617114249/http://www.horatioalger.com/member_info.cfm?memberid=far76 to http://www.horatioalger.com/member_info.cfm?memberid=far76
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.