|Bob Fosse has been listed as a level-4 vital article in People. If you can improve it, please do. This article has been rated as C-Class.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|Wikipedia Version 1.0 Editorial Team / v0.7||(Rated C-class)|
Isn't it pronounced "fossy"? There should be a word to this effect. Flapdragon 01:00, 30 August 2005 (UTC)
In Norwegian (e.g. the author Jon Fosse), it's more like "foss-eh" (stressing the first part). Of course, it's unlikely that B.F. or anyone else in the US pronounced it that way. I cannot say for sure, but "fossy" sounds likely. JöG 07:08, 5 November 2006 (UTC)
Is it true that he was the choreographer for White Christmas, the movie? If this is true I think its worth mentioning.Allthewhile 03:05, 13 December 2006 (UTC)
Allthewhile -- IMdB lists him as choreographer for that, though uncredited. Aliza250 19:34, 27 January 2007 (UTC)
This sentence makes no sense: "In 2001, Fosse was awarded the Laurence Olivier Award for Best Theatre Choreographer with Ann Reinking for Fosse at the Prince of Wales Theatre." Did a previous edit remove some words?
2378437843778yurewyty8 fuck I spent some time fixing typos and links and removing malicious edits in this article, only to discover that the text matches verbatim the Fosse bio at Ask.com (http://www.answers.com/topic/bob-fosse). I don't know which page is the original and which was plagiarized. 18.104.22.168 15:11, 5 April 2007 (UTC)firstname.lastname@example.org
Since the answers.com site says it uses information from Wikipedia, I'm pretty sure answers.com took it from here and not the other way around. (For what it's worth, I've seen a lot of answers.com articles which are verbatim reproductions of Wikipedia articles. I think it's standard procedure for them to copy Wikipedia.) Clockster 11:46, 21 June 2007 (UTC)
Another bad edit?
- I'm pretty sure the paragraph refers to Lainie Sakakura. The clues: the "Lainie" from the text; the work on "Fosse"; here is her IBDB entry: . In any event, she was not married to Bob Fosse, does not belong in that section. Further, she may have had some involvement in his work products, and, if notable/interesting (etc), that work belongs in those specific articles, not in this bio/article. Or, if anyone thinks that she is notable, she could have her own article (I am not necessarily suggesting such, just pointing out the options). JeanColumbia (talk) 21:03, 9 February 2008 (UTC)
Image copyright problem with Image:Dancin'playbill.jpg
The image Image:Dancin'playbill.jpg is used in this article under a claim of fair use, but it does not have an adequate explanation for why it meets the requirements for such images when used here. In particular, for each page the image is used on, it must have an explanation linking to that page which explains why it needs to be used on that page. Please check
- That there is a non-free use rationale on the image's description page for the use in this article.
- That this article is linked to from the image description page.
While I can appreciate the sheer volume of material added by 22.214.171.124, these additions are largely unsourced and could use a bit more professionalism and a bit less breathless theater geek.--RosicrucianTalk 23:27, 14 September 2009 (UTC)
Go to YouTube and watch Snake in the Grass (Little Prince) - Michael Jackson stole all the moves. At least a few words about this should be in the article on Bob Fosse. --KpoT (talk) 16:37, 20 October 2009 (UTC)
MTV as a Citation?
The 10th citation, as of Nov 2014, is a link to some MTV website that just serves a copy of this wikipedia article. This kind of recursive reference should be disqualified as a valid source of information.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Bob Fosse. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20151220110112/http://www.playbillvault.com:80/Show/Detail/3096/Chicago to http://www.playbillvault.com/Show/Detail/3096/Chicago
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.