Talk:Bob Weston (guitarist)
|WikiProject Biography / Musicians||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Rock music||(Rated Start-class)|
Why does someone keep changing Bob Weston's place of birth to Liverpool?
I am curious to know why and who keeps changing bob's place of birth to Liverpool....do you knwo something Bob doesnt?? Pete —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 12:01, 9 December 2006 (UTC).
- It keeps changing to Liverpool because that is the only verifiable place anyone can find. The source given (and it will be returned shortly) says Liverpool, and Bob's site links directly to that biography - that's a pretty good source. In order to change it to Plymouth, a decent source has to be found verifying it. If you know Bob, please get him to update his website! Bretonbanquet 14:23, 9 December 2006 (UTC)
Oh Thanks, this is interesting from an informaton and sources perspective (how a wrong source becomes the standard for other sources). The reason I know he was born in Plymouth is the fact he is my Brother...I dont know if that counts as verification :-) But genuinely thankyou very much for explaining!
- Ah right!! OK, well, the best thing is for Bob to add a little bit on his website, perhaps as part of the biography section, then we can use it as a link. You're right that one wrong source leads to several others being wrong - such a problem. Thanks for letting us know anyway, in the meantime I'll try and find a linkable source for Plymouth. And get Bob to do another album! Bretonbanquet 12:08, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
Sorry about the delay in responding..., I will get him ask the guy who maintains his site (web pages are not Bobs thing :-)to insert some birth stuff, the reason for Plymouth by the way is that our Father was in the Royal Navy and that use to be a big place for them. I am sure he would be flattered to hear that you would like him to record another album...I am afraid that wont be for a very long time ... Pete 23/12/06
- Thanks for that - I'll change it to Plymouth now and add the link when the website's updated. I appreciate the info! Shame about no new album though - hope all is well, cheers. Bretonbanquet 16:01, 23 December 2006 (UTC)
Fair use rationale for Image:Bobweston.jpg
Image:Bobweston.jpg is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images lacking such an explanation can be deleted one week after being tagged, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you. BetacommandBot (talk) 03:56, 12 February 2008 (UTC)
What caused Bob Weston's death???
What caused Bob Weston's death? What was the root cause??? The article says "gastrointestinal hemorrhage", but that doesn't indicate what caused it. This can be caused by a variety of causes - cancer, excessive alcohol consumption, infection, amongst others. Does anybody know what caused Weston's stomach/intestinal bleeding?? Thanks in advance to anybody who knows. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 10:57, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Bob Weston (guitarist). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20111126030638/http://www.fmlegacy.com/main.html to http://www.fmlegacy.com/main.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.