Why is a "citation needed" for the statement that the unallocated space is going to expand drastically with v6? Do we also need citations for the statement that 20-digit numbers are larger than 10-digit numbers? This strikes me as going kinda overboard... Iron Condor 00:23, 23 February 2007 (UTC)
I've never added a link that I'm connected with before, but the "Bogons ate my website" article has been reprinted and published enough times that I felt it was appropriate. If it isn't, let me know.
Why bogon filtering using BGP is useless This link seems to be to a missing article. I have not tried contacting the author of the site yet; but I think the article no longer exists.
- I've removed the dead link; feel free to re-add if you find a working version of it and it seems appropriate per WP:EL. —Krellis (Talk) 18:38, 6 May 2008 (UTC)
Bogon filtering or Bogon?
There is at least as much discussion of the word "bogon" in this article as there is of filtering same.
Either the title should be changed or a redirect from "bogon" should be added.
- 240.0.0.0/4 (Class E). I believe the reason it was never considered for unicast was widespread hard coded filtering. --Cybjit (talk) 21:30, 17 October 2011 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Bogon filtering. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070414145327/http://www.mcanerin.com:80/EN/articles/bogon-01.asp to http://www.mcanerin.com/EN/articles/bogon-01.asp
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.