|WikiProject Blogging||(Rated B-class, High-importance)|
|WikiProject Internet culture||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
Nationality, place, scope?
I quickly read the article and I can't find what should be obvious at first sight imho: where was the zine published? What are the spatial boundaries and point of view of the website's editorial? Is it a USA production? A canadian one? Or from somewhere else? It is not precised on the boingboing.net either. I'm afraid my comment is applicable to many other articles on en.wikipedia. Quite often it is implied by the writers that something is "american", or so I assume. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 22:16, 8 March 2013 (UTC)
Section on censorship
The sourcing pretty week with a blog post, a forum thread and another two blog posts . Disemvoweling and the Violet Blue incident both have better sourcing.--Salix (talk): 07:07, 2 June 2013 (UTC)
- I think it's fair to say those items with citations to blog posts, forum threads and so on don't belong. The language of that section is unencyclopedic and angry ("literally stripping out the vowels of any comment a moderator had taken exception to"), and seems to be childish ax-grinding spilling over from comment threads there. The section omits (and would as-is, obscure) other, more well-sourced criticisms of Boing Boing from over the years. Wardner (talk) 02:57, 4 January 2014 (UTC)
- Agree with both of the above. The tone sounds like "get a load of what they're up to now!" -- seems POV or at least unencyclopedic. Yes, the sources are poor. A couple disgruntled users posting blogs and message board threads could be found for just about any site. To me anyway, it's entirely UNDUE. --— Rhododendrites talk | 16:05, 4 January 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Boing Boing. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090507173426/http://gawker.com:80/5021288/how-xeni-and-violets-boing-boing-affair-went-sour to http://gawker.com/5021288/how-xeni-and-violets-boing-boing-affair-went-sour
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20111015173614/http://gawker.com:80/5021146/? to http://gawker.com/5021146/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
An editor has reviewed this edit and fixed any errors that were found.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.