Talk:Bombay Scottish School, Mahim
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
||It is requested that a photograph be included in this article to improve its quality. Please replace this template with a more specific media request template where possible.
Wikipedians in Mumbai may be able to help!
The Free Image Search Tool may be able to locate suitable images on Flickr and other web sites.
I am assessing this article, by request, on behalf of the School's Project. I am pushing the classification up to "Start", and the school's importance up to "Mid".
- The articles claims a long history and many notable alumni. Thus I am pushing the article to "Mid" importance.
- The article needs a great deal more referencing, especially from reliable sources. Inline citations would be a great improvement. With an expanded history section and proper referencing, the article may be worthy of higher importance in the project.
- Editors working on this article are encouraged to visit The School Project Guidelines for school articles. The overall structure of this article will likely need to be changed somewhat.
- I recommend that the school song lyrics not be included, as there is a potential copyright issue, and it breaks up the flow of the article. If there is something important from the school song that can be briefly quoted, that should be sufficient.
If you disagree with this assessment, feel free to relist this article for another editor to look at. If you have any questions, please leave them on my talk page. Best of luck to all editors! LonelyBeacon (talk) 23:45, 27 January 2010 (UTC)
After significant improvement, a request has been made to reassess the article. Based on the improvement, I am using the B-Class criteria for assessment.
1. The article is suitably referenced, with inline citations where necessary.
- There has been significant improvement in referencing, and proper citations. Some information still needs to be properly referenced and cited.
2. The article reasonably covers the topic, and does not contain obvious omissions or inaccuracies.
- There are no glaring omissions, though I still believe that a school with such a long history should have a longer history section. I am also concerned that the section on student life dominates the article. The alumni section should be alphabetized, and any alumni not the subject of a Wikipedia article should either be removed, or should include an explanation as to why they meet the criteria of WP:BIO.
3. The article has a defined structure.
4. The article is reasonably well-written.
- Before another assessment, this article should probably be checked by the copyeditors to fine tune the language, but there does not appear to be major problems in the prose.
5. The article contains supporting materials where appropriate.
- There are appropriate illustrations. More would be better, especially pictures of the current school.
6. The article presents its content in an appropriately accessible way.
- As a non-Indian who would not be wholly familiar with all of the technical issues of an Indian school, I found this article easy to follow and understand. I think that is a pretty good indicator of the article's accessibility.