Talk:Bondi Junction, New South Wales
|WikiProject Australia / Sydney||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
My father was fond of the expression that something "..took off like a Bondi tram" i.e. quickly. But why Bondi? --Paul 07:38, 3 December 2005 (UTC)
- to "shoot through like a Bondi Tram" reputedly comes from the way Bondi services climbed out of the city on Liverpool and Oxford Streets. It does seem a little incongruous though as these services would be climbing up a slight hill and so hardly barrelling along... --22.214.171.124 10:41, 20 December 2005 (UTC)
- I've seen the origins of this term debated quite a lot, other suggestions I've heard relate to the downhill run from Bondi Road to Bondi Beach (particularly the longer loop used to help deal with the grades for uphill trams) or a completely alternate version which says it relates to unhappy commuters along Bondi Road seeing tram after tram heading into the city from the beach already packed full of commuters, hence not stopping, but "shooting through like a Bondi tram".   --Rob.au 05:10, 29 July 2006 (UTC)
Aboriginal meaning of the word "Bondi"
Is it really needed here, again? Surely its place would be in an article on Bondi and, possibly, Bondi Beach, but to do it for Bondi Junction, North Bondi etc seems absurdly repetitive... - Hornetfig 13:31, 12 August 2006 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Bondi Junction, New South Wales. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120425130024/http://www1.waverley.nsw.gov.au/commservices/socialplanning/BJCommunityPortrait.pdf to http://www1.waverley.nsw.gov.au/commservices/socialplanning/BJCommunityPortrait.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070209010620/http://www.emporis.com:80/en/wm/ci/bu/?id=104867 to http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/ci/bu/?id=104867
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.