Talk:Boston Fire Department
|WikiProject United States / Boston||(Rated C-class, High-importance)|
|WikiProject Fire Service||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
Notable fire stations
It might be nice for someone who knows more about the BFD than I do (which is next to nil) to add a section to this article describing the architecturally-notable fire stations, like 941 Boylston Street (Engine 33/Ladder 15). 121a0012 03:03, 2 May 2007 (UTC
Logan Airport is protected by the Port Authority Fire Department.
The degree of detail for the Bellflower Street conflagration is not required. A simple overview of the incident and losses should suffice. There are plenty of other outlets specializing in the history of the Boston Fire Department where this degree of amount of information might be of use. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 03:05, 8 February 2010 (UTC)
In the section on the bomb scare of 2007 - " This resulted in panic, fear, strife, unrest, disorder, wrath, and rioting to Boston's citizens" - give me a break! Was this someone's idea of fitting in all the words found in his thesaurus as possible synonyms for civil disturbance? Funny that the wiki article on the scare itself describes none of these reactions. I'm deleting it. Irish Melkite (talk) 05:34, 8 June 2015 (UTC)
Can someone please offer another opinion on this image/issue?
I added a photo I took of a Boston Fire Department fire truck to the Boston Fire Department article and to one other article. Another editor ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:%E2%B1%AE ) reverted the addition as its being a bad photograph and perhaps redundant to the article. Would someone be so kind as to tell me if it is that bad a photograph (I hadn't thought so or I wouldn't have added it -- nevertheless I might be wrong) and if it deserves to be deleted from the Boston Fire Department article by the other editor? I'm a little bit confused on the issue despite having been editing WP since January 2005. ;)
The image in question is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Engine_41_Boston_Fire_Department_09222015,jpg.jpg
- The issue has been amicably resolved thanks to help from the other editor and others. --- (Bob) Wikiklrsc (talk) 20:13, 25 September 2015 (UTC)
A brief summary of the paperwork etc process for each fire might be a suitable addition to the article. Is there public access to BFD incident reports? How/where? Cause and origin investigations? Is there some kind of annual summary report?-184.108.40.206 (talk) 14:06, 25 September 2015 (UTC)
- misc little collection of official reports
Mayor’s Quarterly Performance Report Boston Fire Department Quarter 3, Fiscal Year 2011 January 1, 2011 – March 31, 2011
- The Boston About Results (BAR) Program
- Good quarterly reports were published from 2009 to 2011.
2007 Boston bomb scare
- "On January 31, 2007, the department, Boston Police, and the DHS had to act agile to dispose LED advertisements resembling the mooninite characters of the Cartoon Network show Aqua Teen Hungerforce for its movie which had premiered at the time, Aqua teen hunger force colon movie film for theaters as perpetrated by two males named "Sean Stevens" and "Steven Bardovsky".
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Boston Fire Department. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131112013323/http://www.bostonfirehistory.org/activefirehousemarineunit.html to http://www.bostonfirehistory.org/activefirehousemarineunit.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131112015536/http://www.bostonfirehistory.org/activefirehousehighpressure.html to http://www.bostonfirehistory.org/activefirehousehighpressure.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.