|WikiProject Environment||(Rated Stub-class)|
--Alex 12:32, 2 August 2006 (UTC)--
-- So what is it made of???-- This article looks like a small part of what should probably belong to a larger single article on the outputs from power plant combustion. At the very least it ought to include a description of what the chemical properties of the material are, and how it is disposed of. I want the information, but dont have the expertise to write it myself. If it is present in some other article then the two should be connected or merged. Avram Primack (talk) 03:45, 14 October 2011 (UTC)
Agree. And secondly, what kind of English is this? "get" is not acceptable in a formal written text, and nor, as far as I'm concerned, is "fall by themselves" - how about "fall by gravity". Also: "The clinkers"? "Clinker" is a collective (uncountable) noun, so it can only be singular. Couldn't someone rewrite this in English? Maelli (talk) 11:36, 11 May 2013 (UTC)
- So copy edit it. I don't like "get" myself, but I doubt that this has much support in style guides, especially not here at us:WP. "By themselves" is reasonable, as it assumes gravity is pervasive but is highlighting the absence of a mechanical ash rake. Also clinker is regularly used as a countable noun in furnace design, as some clinkers can be six feet long and very hard to remove. Ideally they might be a granular free-flowing mass, but as single welded clinkers are such a probably when they build up, and to remove afterwards, then considering them countable is appropriate. Andy Dingley (talk) 12:19, 11 May 2013 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Bottom ash. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110920172926/http://www.magaldi.com:80/en/home/ to http://www.magaldi.com/en/home
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20081205075711/http://www.londonwaste.co.uk:80/index.php to http://www.londonwaste.co.uk/index.php
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.