|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Boudhanath article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
removed the commercial external link. content was unrelated, and does not show anything of Bodnah stupah or square. --Freevox 12:22, 30 July 2006 (UTC)
The actual name of the place is not Bodnath (which comes out बोड्नाथ in nepali) it is Bouddhanath or Bouddhanaath (which comes out बौद्ध्नाथ in nepali). The word Bouddhanath comes from Buddha (Siddartha Gautam or Gautam Buddha or Gotama) and Naath (meaning lord in nepali). So I strongly recomment the name of the article be changed to Bouddhanath. I searched "bouddhanath" but couldnt find and I believe many others have also not found the article for the same reason.
- I am very sorry if I made a mistake. I became confused by another article on the same subject in the wikify backlog. Please change as you see fit or give me instructions on what you want me to do to rectify mistakes. Sincerely, Mattisse 17:08, 30 July 2007 (UTC)
- Boudhanath also now refers to the whole area or surrounding neighbourhood. A more specific title like Boudhanath Stupa might be better. [User:CFynn|Chris Fynn]] (talk) 06:21, 6 November 2015 (UTC)
Sugeestions for the betterment of bouddhanath
Guys i really need some good suggestions for the betterment of bouddhanath. It is really important for our team to develop those areas in which bouddhaneth is lagging behind. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 12:58, 10 July 2011 (UTC)
- Betterment of the place or betterment of the article? Chris Fynn (talk) 06:23, 6 November 2015 (UTC)
2015 earthquake damage
I changed 'an earthquake toppled the stupa' to 'minor damage.' I was there yesterday. It is hardly damaged at all. Amazing, really, in the circumstances. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 03:17, 1 May 2015 (UTC)RJS
- Actually the damage was not as minor as it may have looked at first. While the stupa certainly didn't topple, the top spire was severely damaged and they ended up having to remove it entirely. This part has been done now (Nov 2015) and they have just started the reconstruction - but this is expected to take a year (or so) to be completed. Several of the smaller stupas surrounding the main one were badly damaged too.Chris Fynn (talk) 06:27, 6 November 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Boudhanath. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.nepalnews.com.np/contents/englishweekly/independent/11-09/tourism.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080704175956/http://www.khandro.net/stupa_Boudhnath_KD.htm to http://www.khandro.net/stupa_Boudhnath_KD.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.
I recently went through the Padmasambhava Buddhism section and copy edited it as part of the guild of copy editors backlog. I did my best, and feel that the page has past the point of needing a tag, however I am not entirely familiar with the subject matter, and there are still some errors I was not comfortable fixing for fear of changing the details of the content. I would appreciate someone with a more detailed knowledge giving the page a glance over.