Talk:Bradley M. Kuhn
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Bradley M. Kuhn article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|The following Wikipedia contributors may be personally or professionally connected to the subject of the article. Relevant policies and guidelines may include Paid contribution disclosure, Conflict of interest, Autobiography, and Neutral point of view.|
Why I Wrote so Much Myself
At the moment, as Gronky added a note to point out, I've made substantial edits to this page myself. It isn't something I really wanted to do, but I was sick of it being just a stub plus a paste of my general bio that I use for professional events. If you look at the history page, you'll see that it was just that for a couple of years. I just got sick of seeing the page be so empty of information when I could easily add some basic facts to get the article going. I read all the guidance I could find about writing about oneself on Wikipedia, etc. and tried to follow the rules. If I've failed, I hope folks will say so here or change the article.
I just flushed out the basic details that might be interesting from a biographical perspective. I don't really want to be narcissistic here, so I'd be happy if someone else to take the lead and keep this updated from here on out. -- bkuhn 01:24, 15 August 2007 (UTC)
- In the years since I wrote the above, others have maintained and contributed to the page. My personal edits have fallen down pretty far on the list, and I've decided that now that the page is actively maintained, I won't edit myself in future. -- bkuhn 21:07, 22 November 2012 (UTC)
I've made some edits in the interest of improving the accuracy of what is said about Kuhn's role in the drafting of AGPLv1 and AGPLv3. As an example, I believe a citation is needed for support of the proposition that Kuhn advocated for inclusion of the Affero clause in GPLv3. There was never any Affero clause as such in any draft of GPLv3 from January 2006 on; rather, there was originally a provision to define a set of Affero-like clauses that would be considered compatible with base GPLv3. It may in fact be the case that Kuhn argued in favor of inclusion of the Affero clause of AGPLv1, or something like it, in GPLv3, prior to the release of the first public draft of GPLv3 in January 2006. However, I am aware of no public documentation of this, beyond conversations I have had with Kuhn. I also believe it is important to distinguish between the Affero clause of AGPLv1 section 2d (which documentation suggests Kuhn may have been the principal author of) and the Affero clause of AGPLv3 section 13. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Rfontana (talk • contribs) 03:45, 19 June 2012 (UTC) Rfontana (talk) 03:47, 19 June 2012 (UTC)
- I recall distinctly that I advocated for the inclusion of the Affero clause in the never-released GPLv2.2, as well as in GPLv3. For the latter, I recall distinctly discussing it in Committee D meetings. Perhaps there are records of those meetings? At this point, I can only offer my personal recollection about this issue, which likely isn't sufficient for removing the citation needed tag from the issue. -- bkuhn 21:05, 22 November 2012 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Bradley M. Kuhn. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for //www.clug.org/minutes/mtg981130.html
- Corrected formatting/usage for //clug.org/presentations/index.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.