|WikiProject Neuroscience||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Anatomy||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
It seems that since this article is within the scope of WikiProject Medicine, the article has already been deemed notable. However, I have gone ahead and updated the BrainMaps page to include additional references, including Science and Discover magazine. Medlat 17:11, 28 August 2007 (UTC)
Seems Article is Plagiarized
Hi. It seems this article is plagiarized directly from http://brainmaps.org - the source of the topic... whoever entered the data took it almost verbatim from the University of California site that built it... Stevenmitchell 23:15, 27 March 2007 (UTC)
- I agree, this is a copyvio if the original author did not have permission to put the text under the GFDL. It should however be noted that this author is not unlikely to be Shawn Mikula himself, since he was *very* active in a WP:AUTO kind of way some time ago, not to everybody's happiness. Regards, High on a tree 03:14, 24 July 2007 (UTC)
- Wow, first the John Seigenthaler Sr. Wikipedia biography controversy, and now this. Good to see Wikipedia admins take character assassination and defamation real seriously around here. I take it High on a tree is a good acquaintance of Shawn Mikula, in a position to know what he's talking about? Whilegray
Brain mapping coverage
Brain mapping is a research area that has received massively escalating funding. (see $100 million dollar project funded by Paul Allen (Microsoft) Allen Brain Atlas, 2009 NIH $30 million project Human Connectome Project (and related article Connectome), 1 billion euro, 10 year project, Human Brain Project (EU), and 2013 NIH $3 billion 10 year project Brain Activity Map Project
I envision the specific "project" articles will cover project management aspects (politics, funding, lead personalities, schedules, major milestones, broadly covered general news events, etc.) while the actual scientific details will be covered in singular (vs. plural) noun-topic-titled articles (encyclopedia style). Actually, after searching I was surprised how deep the coverage actually was already on Wikipedia. To create links to those I originated List of topics related to brain mapping. More details are included on the talk page. Please feel free to comment or edit.
I'm also pondering what "frequently asked questions" might be out there on the general topic of brain mapping? I started a very preliminary "guess" list. It really applies across all four major projects. see: User:Rjlabs/Brain mapping frequently asked questions. It's totally informal, just at the brainstorming stage. It's not intended to be an outline for any article, however if there are answers (now or in the future) contained in various Wikipedia scientific topic articles, pointers might be added in the List of topics related to brain mapping page out to them. Again, feel free to add, edit or comment.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on BrainMaps. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070930183554/http://ect.downstate.edu/cortex_exercise/ to http://ect.downstate.edu/cortex_exercise/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.