Talk:Bravo (U.S. TV network)
|WikiProject Television Stations||(Rated C-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject United States / American Television||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
It would be nice
It would be nice if a more verbose statement was provided along with an edit reversion. In this case, an elaboration on where links to categories should Who is the announcer for the station's commercials?
- Does anyone have the channel's original (1980-1990s) and previous (1990s-2005) logos? 220.127.116.11 05:02, 26 November 2006 (UTC)
Dab with Bravo (UK TV channel)
I'll cross-post this there, but this verges on just plain silly that dabs like Bravo (TV), Bravo (TV channel), Bravo (TV network), and Bravo (channel) somewhat arbitrarily redirect to one or the other (it's actually 2-2 with those! the first and last redirect to Bravo (UK TV channel), and the middle two redirect to Bravo (US TV channel).
Wouldn't this all be simpler if they redirected to a dab specifically on this issue (probably Bravo (TV) would be best for that purpose)? Or is the line at the top of each article meant to alleviate that? I know we've already got Bravo as a dab, but surely it can't hurt to be more specific. Tromboneguy0186 (talk) 05:00, 10 April 2008 (UTC)
I removed possible copy-vio and definite plagiarism from the target audience section. I added some cited information in its place. I think we should try to communicate Bravo's heavy marketing to the LGBT community. It really is a large part of what defines the network right now. It's telling that "gaytvblog.com" has an entire section for Bravo, but obviously a blog isn't a reliable source. If anyone here subscribes to some LGBT magazine that would make a reliable source, it might be good to add some more information in. Gigs (talk) 06:55, 12 June 2008 (UTC)
I request to move this page, because it needs Wikipedia:NCA for moving this page. Per request: Bravo (US TV channel) to Bravo (U.S. TV channel) -- 13:40, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
update of page: some present tenses now belong in past?
hasn't "queer eye" finished? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queer_Eye_for_the_Straight_Guy states (in its 3rd paragraph at the time i write this) "Queer Eye ended production in June 2006 and the final 10 episodes aired in October 2007. The series ended October 30."
if queer eye is truly finished, i think past tense is needed for various mentions especially in "promotion" section - "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, which Bravo now produces in-house, was once an example of the off-network shows aired by Bravo, such as The West Wing."
- Yes, Queer Eye is no longer on. That last sentence is a run-on and is confusing. Queer Eye premiered on Bravo and was always on Bravo. West Wing is an NBC show that West Wing ran later on (and West Wing is no longer showing on Bravo). (Maybe Queer Eye is showing on another channel and Bravo promotes it and that's what the writer meant?)
- I'm not sure why this "promotion" section is even in the article. Doesn't every channel promote it's own programming? Yelocab (talk) 10:52, 18 August 2008 (UTC)
New section discussion
I added a new section for present and past contests and promotions of note. It was promptly removed as advertising. My intention was not to advertise but to keep-track and commemorate some of the contests and promotions that Bravo has run.18.104.22.168 (talk) 18:03, 8 February 2013 (UTC)
- We shouldn't be keeping track or commemorating anything here. That sort of promotional effort is for the Bravo website, not an encyclopedia. Promotional efforts should only be mentioned here if they're notable enough to be covered in reliable secondary sources, that is to say the promotion becomes notable in some way outside of the network itself. Dayewalker (talk) 18:07, 8 February 2013 (UTC)
I am providing a link to Howard Stern "lesbian Dial-a-Date" reference listed under "programming". The new section here was labeled Promotions and contest so should I move it to programming? shttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_100_and_Howard_101#Howard_Stern_100 That was a secondary source. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 18:20, 8 February 2013 (UTC)
Promotions and Contests
Current:Bravo SuperFan https://twitter.com/BravoSuperFan. Viewers are encouraged to become the Bravo Super-fan and win prizes and privileges including the ability to "tweet" using the Bravo-a-holic account.http://tv.broadwayworld.com/article/Bravo-Kicks-Off-First-Ever-Fan-Reward-Program-20130207126.96.36.199 (talk) 18:24, 8 February 2013 (UTC)
The second link is a secondary source188.8.131.52 (talk) 18:25, 8 February 2013 (UTC)
- The section on the Stern page is actually not a promotion, it's under the programming listing. Dayewalker (talk) 18:26, 8 February 2013 (UTC)
- It appears to be a show, which is why it's under the Programming section on the Stern page. Dayewalker (talk) 18:57, 8 February 2013 (UTC)
Yes it does appear to be a show but it is a contest184.108.40.206 (talk) 19:02, 8 February 2013 (UTC) What is this?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pillsbury_Bake-Off A show? a contest? Promotion? It has it's own page. As previously stated the stub-making thingy appears to be backed-up at the moment and anyways there was not enough material in the new section to warrant a stub.220.127.116.11 (talk) 19:13, 8 February 2013 (UTC) What do you call this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wing_Bowl18.104.22.168 (talk) 19:16, 8 February 2013 (UTC) And this---------------------->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WIP_%28AM%2922.214.171.124 (talk) 19:18, 8 February 2013 (UTC)
- Okay first, please read WP:LINK and see the best way to post links to other wikipedia pages. Also, other editors have asked you before to learn how to sign your posts correctly. Please read those links, it's hard to follow you sometimes because of the multiple signatures and links. The Pillsbury Bake-Off is a very famous, very notable contest that has its own Wikipedia article. It's not a one-off contest run by a radio station. As for the rest of the things you can find, you've been pointed to WP:OTHERSTUFFEXISTS before. Just because a non-notable contest might show up on another page doesn't mean they belong on this page. If you think there's a notable contest that Bravo is having, find some reliable secondary sources that show that. Dayewalker (talk) 19:23, 8 February 2013 (UTC)
yeah sorry but no can do on the sign-in.I already posted a secondary source for that and I already posted that. As far as WP:OTHERSTUFFEXISTS, I have provided several other examples not as an argument that they already exist but to try and see where the deleted section should be placed AND to provide examples of similar or otherwise ways that contests have been listed.To clarify, it is obvious that WP:OTHERSTUFFEXISTS, I just wanted to see how and where it is handled and again, at this point there wasn't enough info. on the section to really put it anywhere else, except maybe a stub, IF enough info. can be found-126.96.36.199 (talk) 21:34, 8 February 2013 (UTC)