Talk:Brethren of the Common Life
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Brethren of the Common Life article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Christianity||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Netherlands||(Rated Start-class)|
- I assume this is drawn from the early-20th century encyclopedia. Some of the statements border on polemical, and should be edited, or atleast backed-up with citations. Any experts on 15th century church history? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs)
The article needs some work to avoid POV; sentences as "The reformer, of course, was opposed by the clergy whose evil lives he denounced, but the cry of heresy was raised in vain against one who was as zealous for purity of faith as for purity of morals" should be avoided. Also, the tone could be more neutral and less rhetoric. GhePeU 20:49, 18 April 2006 (UTC)
- I revised the above sentence. What else? --Uncle Ed 18:06, 30 August 2006 (UTC)
- This is a hagiography, not a NPOV encyclopaedic article. GhePeU 19:18, 30 August 2006 (UTC)
- So rewrite it! Although the RC Encyclopedia used for much of the early mediaval philosophers IS biased by the 19th century Bollandist adoratives, at least it's generally correct in facts. You should bring out their descent from Ruusbroec's Groenendael priory, submitted to the Victorine Order which was actually an important part of the early University of Paris. Contact me at jelmain&skynet,be for further help.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Brethren of the Common Life. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120814010458/http://www.ucalgary.ca:80/applied_history/tutor/endmiddle/bluedot/brethren.html to http://www.ucalgary.ca/applied_history/tutor/endmiddle/bluedot/brethren.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.